TuneIn Radio Review
Free Access to Thousands of Live Radio Stations From Around the World
TuneIn Radio is a free music streaming website that's like a radio on steroids. You can find any radio station that's broadcasting an artist that you want to listen to, in addition to local radio stations, sports stations, news stations, talk radio, and stations from locations all around the globe.
You can even use TuneIn Radio from various mobile apps so you can bring your favorite radio stations wherever you go.
More About TuneIn Radio
In addition to using TuneIn Radio through a web browser, you can visit the download page to install the app for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android, BlackBerry, Amazon Kindle, Windows Phone, and Bada devices.
You can also use TuneIn Radio on the following devices: Samsung Smart TV, Panasonic Viera TV, Roku, Chromecast, and Sonos.
- Gives you access to 100,000+ live radio stations
- Websites and apps are easy to use
- Can save your favorite stations for easy access
- All the music is free to listen to
- Lots of ways to find stations you may be interested in
- Website doesn't require you to create a user account (the app does)
- Mobile app is free from picture advertisements and popups
- Just a radio service (can't listen to specific songs)
Here's some more information about TuneIn Radio's website and mobile apps:
- TuneIn Radio lets you find local and remote FM and AM radio stations, stations that are trending worldwide, as well as stations by music, sport, news, and talk genre, such as Classical, Folk, Rock, Hockey, Football, Soccer, Baseball, Political News, Scanners, Traffic, Wine, Travel, Comedy, and Technology
- The mobile app lets you find stations by the above methods as well as by language, trending stations, and top podcasts
- Stations you "Follow" will show up in your library for quick access
- All the followers of a station are available for you to look through, and you can follow any of those users to have quick access to their profiles
- The mobile app can access your contact list to show you who is using TuneIn Radio so you can follow them
- Clicking on a station shows you its location, genres, networks, language, and contact information
- You can view the last few songs that played on a station ,as well as the daily schedule for upcoming hosts
- Custom stations can be added by their URL
- Stations can be shared over Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites
- The mobile TuneIn Radio app shows you a huge list of the past songs that played on that station
- From the TuneIn website is a link to buy the songs you hear on your radio stations
- Songs that are currently playing from recommended stations can be viewed in one place so you can easily decide to jump to a different one if it's streaming music you like
- Comments can be left on stations, which are viewable from the mobile app
- An alarm, clock, and sleep timer are supported on the mobile app
- Your user profile can be made private so no one can see the stations you follow
- The TuneIn Radio mobile app has Car Mode, which turns the app into a much simpler and cleaner interface with four large buttons to easily find recent and recommended stations, pause and play the station, and open the stations you're following
- A paid app can be purchased if you want to record audio from the radio stations
My Thoughts on TuneIn Radio
It's one thing to have simple access to local radio stations from around your current location, but TuneIn Radio expands this be letting you listen to music from around the entire world, as well as find stations by many different genres, which is really nice.
I also love that you can login to TuneIn Radio from a computer as well as from the app so that all your favorite stations follow you wherever you go.
Most music apps will display advertisements either while you're listening or on the top/bottom of the app. TuneIn Radio doesn't have any such ads, which makes the whole experience even better.