Thomas J. Catalano
- Seasoned business executive with extensive leadership experience working for and supporting some of the largest multi-national corporations in the world
- Successful investor focused on equities, bonds and derivatives
- Encore career as a Certified Financial Planner TM and Registered Investment Adviser, providing comprehensive financial planning to individuals, young families and the elderly
- Author of "Never Pay Full Price", discussing the use of option strategies to hedge against downside risk in equity investing
- Featured in Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities
In a professional career that spanned over 30 years in the Information Technology industry, Tom held a variety of executive leadership positions in sales, product development, business development, marketing and strategic planning in the Fortune 25 arena. Those varied assignments enabled him to acquire a skill set in financial analysis. Over time Tom also developed a passion for personal financial planning and investing; finding himself informally advising numerous colleagues, friends and relatives in all areas related to money management and retirement planning.
When the opportunity presented itself, Tom chose to leave corporate life and pursue his second act as a Financial Advisor. Since that time he has obtained his CFP® designation, FINRA Series 7, 63 and 65, and has worked for Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, the Private Client Group at NMS Capital Advisors in Beverly Hills, CA and is now in private practice in Hilton Head, SC.
Tom received his Certificate in Financial Planning from New York University. He also holds an MBA from the Lubin School of Business at Pace University in New York.
About The Balance and Dotdash
The Balance makes personal finance easy to understand. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on managing your money. Whether you’re looking to invest, buy a home, save for retirement, or achieve another financial goal, The Balance will answer your questions with straightforward personal financial advice.
The Balance is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.