Best Thank-You Letter Examples and Templates
Sending a thank-you note after an interview, networking event, or any other event related to your job search, is a great way to show your professionalism. It is also a way to maintain contact with people you meet during your job search after you get hired.
Thank-you notes aren't just for job searching. Sending a written note, email message, or LinkedIn message to people who have helped you on the job or have done something that will enhance your career is a good way to cement relationships as well as to show your appreciation.
Tips for Writing a Thank-You Letter
- Send one. You should send a thank-you letter whenever someone helps you with your job search. You should send a thank-you for a job interview, an internship, an informational interview, and any other situation where you received career assistance. If someone did something nice or helpful at work, send them a thank-you email message or note.
- Consider the format. Some people send handwritten thank-you notes, and others send typed letters. Some formal organizations (like law and accounting firms) might prefer a traditional handwritten note. A handwritten note also allows you to give a personal touch to your message. However, most companies are fine with a typed letter. Think about the company culture when deciding the format of your letter.
- Send as soon as possible. You want to send your letter as soon as possible. This is especially important for an interview thank-you letter; you want to remind the interviewer that you are a strong candidate before he or she makes a decision. For this reason, you might choose to send a thank-you email instead of a note or typed letter. You can also send an email and then follow up with a note.
- Be concise. Keep the letter short – no longer than a page. You want to say thank you sincerely but briefly.
- Sell yourself. If this is a thank-you letter for an interview, use the letter as a chance to remind the employer why you are an ideal candidate. Remind them of something you discussed in the interview, or provide some new information that you forgot to mention. This is your last chance to make a strong impression.
- Proofread. Be sure to thoroughly edit your letter. It's important that all your communications look professional and polished.
How to Use Examples and Templates
Thank-you letter samples are a useful way to guide your own writing. A sample can help you decide what kind of content you should include as well as how to format your letter.
Thank-you letter templates can also be very useful. They help you with the layout of your letter, such as how to organize the different sections of your message. While letter samples and templates are great starting points for your own message, you should always edit a message to fit your situation. A personalized letter or email will make the best impression.
There are guidelines you should follow for writing your letters, including standard length, margins, font, and format. Sending a properly formatted, grammatically correct letter or email message will leave the reader with the best impression.
Best Thank-You Letter and Note Examples and Templates
Thank-You Letter Template
Thank-you letter template to send after a job interview. Edit this template to include your personal information.
General Thank-You Letter Example
Here is a general thank-you letter you can send (via email or mail) to the people who have helped you with your job search.
Job Interview Thank-You Letter Example
Thank-you letter to send after an interview. This letter reiterates your interest in the job and reminds the interviewer why you are qualified for the position.
Interview Thank-You Letter Example
Use this note to thank the interviewer and to mention that you are available to provide more information on your candidacy.
Email Thank-You Message Example
Email thank-you message to send directly after a job interview.
Employee Appreciation and Thank-You Letter Examples
Sample letters to say thank you for a job well done or thanks for the help at work, and letters to show your appreciation to a co-worker or manager.
Sample Thank-You Letter Requesting a Second Interview
This sample thank-you letter requests a second interview and reiterates your interest in the position.
Thank-You Letter Example for an Informational Interview
Sample thank-you letter to send after an informational interview
Thank-You Note Example for an Internship Interview
Thank-you note to send after an internship interview.
Sample Thank-You Letter for a Job Offer
Sample thank-you letter accepting a job offer.
Sample Letter Thanking a Prospective Co-Worker
Sample letter to thank a prospective co-worker who spent time meeting with you during the interview.
Letter of Appreciation Sample
Sample appreciation letter to send to a contact who assisted with your job search.
Networking Thank-You Letter Example
Here is a sample letter you can send (via email or mail) to networking contacts who help you with your job search.
Job Offer Rejection Letter Examples
Sample thank-you letter that thanks the employer for the job offer but politely declines the position.