Examples of Out of Office Voicemail Greetings
What to Tell People When You're Out of Office
The temporary, or "Out of Office," voicemail greeting is recorded by you when you will be out of the office for a predetermined amount of time. These personal messages are especially important if you're out of the office for an extended period of time, whether it be because you're on maternity leave or because you're taking a long vacation. Most voicemail systems are equipped so that you can set an expiration date and time.
This is purely a preventive measure so you don't forget to turn your message off when you return. Before recording your message, make sure you always adhere to the basic elements of good voicemail greetings. The following examples range from the brief and simple to the more detailed. You should choose the one that best suits your job and responsibilities as well as your personality.
Temporary or "Out of The Office" Voicemail Greetings Examples:
- Hello. You have reached Jim Bucki. I will be out of the office until Wednesday, August 23rd. Please leave me a message, and I will return your call upon my return. Thank you for calling.
- Hi. This is Jim Bucki. I am currently out of town and will be returning on July 14th. If you leave me a message after the tone and include your name and telephone number, I will return your call when I get back. Goodbye.
- You have reached Jim Bucki and I want you to know that your call is our top priority. Unfortunately, I will be out of the office until February 14th. If you would like to leave a message after the tone, I will call you back when I return. If you need immediate assistance, please contact my assistant, Mary Jane, at extension 6338. Thank you for calling.
- Hello. You have reached the voicemail box of James Bucki. I am currently out of the office and will return on September 14th. I will be checking my voicemail messages periodically so please leave me a message and I will return your call as soon as possible. If you need immediate assistance, please contact my assistant, Liz Downie at 1-800-555-1212 extension 6338.
- Hi, this is Jim Bucki in Operations Technology. I will be out of the office and returning Monday, April 21st. If this is regarding a recent order, please call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-555-1212. Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8 am until 5 pm Eastern Standard Time. Alternatively, you can visit our website at xyzcompany.com. Or, leave a message after the beep, and I will return your call when possible.
- Thank you for calling. You have reached the office of Jim Bucki, Guide to Operations Technology. I am out of town and will return on Monday, January 3rd. If this is an emergency, please call my answering service at 1-800-555-1212. The answering service is operational 24/7. Alternatively, please leave a detailed message explaining the reason for your call after the sound of the beep and I will return your call as soon as possible. Thank you.