Top Tax Apps for iPhone and iPad
You don't have to sit at or even own a computer to file your taxes, because mobile apps let you do your taxes from your iPhone, iPad, or another iOS device. As long as your tax situation isn't complicated, you can quickly and easily estimate, prepare, and file your federal and state income taxes using some of the top tax apps below.
The H&R Block Tax Prep and File app helps you do exactly what's in the name: prep and file your taxes. Using this app, you can:
- Import tax info easily by uploading last year's tax return from any source or taking a photo of your W-2 form.
- Use the Help Center to get answers and expert advice for any tax questions you have.
- Create a customized tax preparation checklist.
- Get updates on your tax refund status.
- Estimate the amount of your tax refund and get explanations for why it may change.
This is the mobile version of the popular TurboTax software that lets you prepare and file your taxes. Some of its key features allow you to:
- Get live access to TurboTax specialists who will give you one-on-one guidance and answer your questions.
- Snap a photo of your W-2 to have your information loaded automatically into the tax forms.
- Search more than 350 tax deductions and credits to make sure you get the best refund.
- Understand your refund with the ExplainWhy feature.
You can use TaxAct Express to prepare and file your taxes and also:
- Get support for Free, Basic, Plus, Premium, and Freelancer products and a personalized product recommendation.
- Track the status of your refunds.
- Access enhanced support with live chat.
- Log in securely with Touch ID or Face ID.
- Easily capture all of the information from your W-2 forms with your device's camera.
Credit Karma Tax is built into the Credit Karma app, which helps you keep an eye on your credit profile. The tax portion allows you to:
- Always file your federal and state taxes for free, no matter what your situation is.
- Import your previous years' return with Credit Karma, H&R Block, TurboTax, or TaxAct.
- Upload a picture of your W-2 to begin automatically filling out your tax forms.
- Track credits, deductions, and refunds in a customized checklist.
TaxSlayer allows you to estimate, prepare, and file your taxes. The app lets you do the following:
- Estimate your refund using your paycheck or W-2.
- Find out how changes in tax laws affect your refund.
- See the status of your tax return and get update notifications.
- View a "personal tax guide" video that provides tax guidance and insight.
Intuit TaxCaster offers a tool you can use to get ready for tax season before you file. The Tax Calculator is compatible with TurboTax and other Intuit products. You can use it to: