- Has been associated with the lending industry since earning his MBA in 2000
- Writes for and has been quoted on top sites including Yahoo! Finance, Homes.com, Bankrate, Examiner, TheMortgageReports, Realtor.com, RealtyTimes, and GradMoneyMatters
- Is a licensed real estate broker in the state of California and a licensed mortgage loan originator in California, Washington, Texas, and New Jersey
A former writer for The Balance, Shashank Shekhar covered homebuying topics for a year. He worked with GE Consumer Finance and a VC funded mortgage start-up in senior management positions before starting his own mortgage company, Arcus Lending Inc. He serves as CEO and mortgage broker/lender with Arcus Lending. Shekhar founded his company at the height of the mortgage meltdown in 2008.
He served as Director of Mortgage Origination Business for Parsec Interact, Inc. from 2004 until 2007, and was Location Manager of Consumer Loans for GE Money from 2000 to 2004.
Publications and Awards
- Has published three books including the widely acclaimed "First Time Home Buying 101" and "My First Home"
- Co-author of "Real Estate Unleashed"
- Named "Top 40 Under 40 most influential mortgage professionals in the country" for three years in a row by National Mortgage Professionals Magazine.
- Named to Mortgage Professional America Magazine's "Hot 100"
Shekhar holds an MBA degree with a major in marketing earned at the Institute of Management Technology in Ghaziabad.
About The Balance and Dotdash
The Balance makes personal finance easy to understand. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on managing your money. Whether you’re looking to invest, buy a home, save for retirement, or achieve another financial goal, The Balance will answer your questions with straightforward personal financial advice.
The Balance is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.