- Has been associated with the lending industry since earning his MBA in 2000
- Writes for and has been quoted on top sites including Yahoo! Finance, Homes.com, Bankrate, Examiner, TheMortgageReports, Realtor.com, RealtyTimes, and GradMoneyMatters
- Is a licensed real estate broker in the state of California and a licensed mortgage loan originator in California, Washington, Texas, and New Jersey
A former writer for The Balance, Shashank Shekhar covered homebuying topics for a year. He worked with GE Consumer Finance and a venture-capital-funded mortgage start-up in senior management positions before starting his own mortgage company, Arcus Lending, Inc. He serves as CEO and mortgage broker/lender with Arcus Lending. Shekhar founded his company at the height of the mortgage meltdown in 2008.
He served as Director of Mortgage Origination Business for Parsec Interact, Inc. from 2004 until 2007, and was Location Manager of Consumer Loans for GE Money from 2000 to 2004.
Publications and Awards
- Has published three books including the widely acclaimed "First Time Home Buying 101" and "My First Home"
- Co-author of "Real Estate Unleashed"
- Named "Top 40 Under 40 most influential mortgage professionals in the country" for three years in a row by National Mortgage Professionals Magazine.
- Named to Mortgage Professional America Magazine's "Hot 100"
Shekhar holds an MBA degree with a major in marketing earned at the Institute of Management Technology in Ghaziabad.
Latest From Shashank Shekhar
Do You Know What To Expect at Closing?
Locate Down Payment Assistance Programs for Your Mortgage Loan
Property Appraisals and What to Do About a Low One
Frequently Asked Conventional Mortgage Questions
How to Qualify for a Conventional, Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac Loan
Improving Home Energy Efficiency With Fans, Window Treatments, and More
How to Pass the Asset Verification Test and Get That Mortgage
A Step-by-Step March Through the Mortgage Approval Process
What Are Prepaid Expenses and Escrows?