Score Discounts on Live Entertainment
Tired of Paying High Prices for Live Entertainment?
Do you love live entertainment, but not the high ticket prices? It's no wonder. The price of a good concert or major theater production can put a measurable dent in your monthly budget. But there are ways to cut the cost and score decent discounts. If you are tired of filling your free time watching movies on your television, switch it off and hit the streets, but take these savings strategies along with you.
You may luck out and watch an incredible performance for free!
- Sigh up for GrouponLive and get discounts on local concerts, theatrical performances, and other forms of live entertainment.
- Find out what is going on in your community. Browse the local newspaper, library and recreation and parks services online and discover the live entertainment that is going on in your area. This is a good way to find out about free outdoor concerts, poetry readings, and local theater productions, including children's theater.
- Colleges often host in-house and guest performers at affordable prices. Bookmark your local college's events calendar and find out about music recitals, free concerts, theater productions, dance recitals, poetry readings and more.
- Take advantage of special discounts that you qualify for, such as student discounts and discounts for seniors.
- Check your area on yelp.com and find out where you can go for affordable live entertainment. Not only will you find reviews, but also price ratings that go from low to super expensive.
- Is there a casino near you? If so, check out the entertainment link on its website. Often times you can go see great performances for free or almost free prices.
- Sign up to receive emails at local restaurants and lounges that offer live entertainment. You may be surprised at the special discounts that are awarded to subscribers, plus you stay in the loop about who is scheduled to play.
- Is there a super hot band coming to town? Tune in to your local radio stations and see if they are giving away free tickets.
- Visit Amazon Local and type in your zip code to see what the deals on live entertainment going on near you. Amazon Local often offers discounts as high as 50 percent off.
- When possible, be flexible with when you attend live performances. Prices on early shows usually cost less than the evening performances.
- Got some free time? Work part-time as an usher at your local theater or entertainment complex and get paid to be entertained with live concerts and theater productions. Better yet, get your teenager to get a job there and so they can score discount tickets for you.
- Find out if a particular venue you are interested in offers group discounts and if so, get a group of friends to go for less.
- Have you been to area's visitor center lately? Stop by and check out the brochures and visitor guide and see what coupons and discounts are being offered. Many restaurants that offer live entertainment have special discounts advertised all year long at visitor centers, regardless of who is scheduled to perform.
- Make certain to make notations on your calendar when there are festivals going on near you. This is always a great way to enjoy live entertainment at reasonable prices. It is also a good way to get exposure to different music venues such as jazz, blues, hip hop and more.
- If you don't mind standing, check out the websites that have the big entertainers in your area and find out if they offer standing room tickets, lottery tickets, or rush tickets. These types of tickets are usually offered at a substantial savings on the day of the event. If you do choose to go this route, be sure to have a plan B in case you don't get in.
Try some of these ideas out and see if it makes a difference not only to your cash flow, but also to your next weekend off.