Customers looking for motorcycle insurance will find Safeco Insurance a good option for affordable coverage from a financially stable insurance company. Safeco Insurance is a part of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Group. All major financial ratings organizations give the Liberty Mutual Group of insurance companies very high ratings. A.M. Best gives Liberty Mutual Group its “A” Excellent rating. Standard & Poor gave them an "A" and Moody's rated the company an "A2".
Standard Coverage Options
Chances are, no matter what type of motorcycle you ride, Safeco Insurance provides a motorcycle insurance option for you. Some of the types of bikes covered include scooters, mopeds, cruisers, sport and super-sport cycles, choppers, off-road and dirt bikes, touring bikes, and even certain homemade kit bikes. However, Safeco does not insure motorcycles with installed nitrous oxide kits nor bikes used for racing or speed contests. And even though Safeco's motorcycle policy covers you everywhere in the U.S. and Canada, you will need a different policy to ride in Mexico as they have different laws.
Minimum liability coverage limit requirements vary state by state, so if you are unsure of your state’s requirements, check with your local insurance agent or your state’s department of insurance.
- Bodily Injury Liability: Bodily injury is the portion of your motorcycle insurance policy that pays for bodily injuries to other parties, except a guest passenger, when you are involved in a motorcycle accident.
- Collision: This coverage pays to repair your vehicle when you are involved in a motorcycle accident, regardless of fault.
- OEM Manufacturer Parts Coverage: When in repair, the coverage ensures customers receive new OEM parts on their vehicle(s) when required.
Roadside assistance coverage is also available, including jump-starts and guaranteed flatbed towing.
Special Policy Features and Programs
- Safety Apparel Replacement: This optional coverage includes reimbursement for safety gear if it is damaged in an accident.
- New Harley Replacement: If you own a new Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Safeco will not only pay the cash value but also up to the full amount of the current market cost.
There are many discounts available through Safeco Insurance to help you save money on your motorcycle insurance policy. To save even more money, you can increase your deductible or pay your total policy balance early. If you raise your deductible, make sure you have enough money to pay the out-of-pocket expense should you be involved in an accident.
- Claims-Free: Whether you are insured with Safeco or someone else, if you've had zero claims in the past 12-months in your previous term, you could get a discount.
- Companion Policy: Bundle up your Safeco insurance policies to receive a discount.
- Safety Course Discount: If you take an approved motorcycle/bike safety program, you will get a discount on your policy. However, you need to have completed the program within the past three years.
- Financial Stability
- 24/7 Customer and Claims Service
- Affordable Insurance Premiums
- Attractive Discounts and Policy Features
- No Coverage for Bikes used for Racing or Speed Contests
- No Coverage for Bikes without Nitrous Oxide Kits
- No coverage below Southern U.S. Border
If you would like to learn more about Safeco motorcycle insurance or its other insurance products or to receive a quote on a motorcycle insurance policy, you can visit the Safeco Insurance website to contact an agent.