- Real estate attorney with a J.D. from Boston University School of Law
- Author of "Fair Housing Helper for Apartment Professionals" and "Every Landlord's Property Protection Guide: 10 Ways to Cut Your Risk Now"
- Guest appearances on CBS News and NBC News for apartment-related topics
- Founder of Fair Housing Helper, which offers training for multifamily housing professionals and information on housing discrimination
- Contributed apartment living content for five and a half years
Ron Leshnower is a former writer for The Spruce who contributed articles about apartment living for five and half years. He is the author of "Fair Housing Helper for Apartment Professionals," which was a finalist in the "Business: Real Estate" category of the 2014 International Book Awards, and "Every Landlord's Property Protection Guide: 10 Ways to Cut Your Risk Now," an Amazon.com No.1 multi-category bestseller that can be found in law schools and libraries across the country.
He has appeared as an expert on CBS News and NBC News and has been quoted in The New York Times' "Real Estate Q&A" column, Realtor.com Advice, MainStreet.com, Debt.com, The Associated Press' "Your Money" series, the New York Daily News, Black Enterprise, Bankrate.com, the Real Estate Intelligence Report, Minyanville.com, and the Landlord Law Report, among other publications.
He is the founder and president of Fair Housing Helper, which offers training for multifamily housing professionals, information and resources on housing discrimination, and a topical blog. Leshnower also practiced real estate law at a major New York law firm.
Leshnower's articles have appeared in the National Apartment Association's Units Magazine, on Nolo.com, and Landlordology.com, as well as in several trade newsletters.
Awards and Publications
- "Fair Housing Helper for Apartment Professionals"
- "Every Landlord's Property Protection Guide: 10 Ways to Cut Your Risk Now"
Leshnower earned a B.A. from Yale University and a J.D. from Boston University School of Law. He is admitted to practice law in New York and Massachusetts and is a member of the Authors Guild.
About The Balance and Dotdash
The Balance makes personal finance easy to understand. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on managing your money. Whether you’re looking to invest, buy a home, save for retirement, or achieve another financial goal, The Balance will answer your questions with straightforward personal financial advice.
The Balance is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.