Review of Titan Auto Insurance
Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers and Those Who Need to File an SR-22
In a perfect world, no one would ever have an auto accident; get a speeding ticket or even a DUI/DWI offense. Since we do not live in a perfect world, drivers who have not had the best of luck are looking for an affordable option for auto insurance coverage. One company that offers options for auto insurance that may be more affordable to high-risk drivers and those needing SR-22 insurance is Titan Insurance.
Titan Insurance, a division of Nationwide Insurance, has been in business since 1991 and is headquartered in Troy, Michigan. The parent company, Nationwide, has been in business for over 80 years. Titan advertises auto insurance rates on its website for as low as $1 a day. It is a non-standard auto carrier offering both personal and commercial auto insurance policies in 24 states. The company’s auto insurance coverage is geared toward these drivers:
- Drivers who have a high number of driving offenses including DUI and DWI
- Teenage drivers
- Drivers with a lapse in coverage
- Drivers who need to file an SR-22 financial responsibility document with their state
- Drivers who have been involved in an at-fault auto accident
Personal Auto Insurance Policy
The auto policies available include bodily injury and physical damage liability, comprehensive, collision and optional coverages such as uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage (mandatory in some states), med pay coverage, roadside assistance, towing and rental reimbursement. For drivers needing to file the SR-22 financial responsibility with their state, this coverage is also available. Titan Insurance offers its auto policy customers claims service over the telephone 24/7. There is also a convenient insurance mobile application.
Discounts available for the personal auto insurance policy include:
- Multiple vehicle discount
- Accident-free discount
- Good student discount
- Association membership
- Military discount
- Anti-lock brakes
- Prior coverage discount (If you’ve previously been covered by a standard insurance carrier)
- Homeowner discount (Available for policy holders who own their own homes)
- Advanced quote (Available to those who get a quote with Titan at least 8 days before their current auto insurance policy expires)
- Motor Vehicle Safety Course
- Air-bag discount
- Farm use discount
- Travelink discount (applicable to collision coverage only)
- EFT discount (for those who pay premium through electronic debit from checking)
- Mature driver discount
Customer Service and Financial Stability Ratings
As part of the Nationwide family of companies, Titan Insurance has the backing of a financially sound company. A.M. Best rates Nationwide Insurance with an “A+ Excellent” rating. The Moody’s rating is “A1” and the S&P rating is “A+”. All three insurance rating organizations give Nationwide Insurance a stable outlook. Titan Insurance itself does not have a Better Business Bureau rating but Nationwide Insurance has an “A” rating with the BBB.
Insure.com gives Titan an overall customer satisfaction rating of 88 out of 100. Here is a breakdown of the rating based on customer survey responses: claims processing (4.5 out of 5 star rating); customer service (4.25 out of 5 star rating); value for price (4.5 out of 5 star rating). In addition, 89 percent of customers would recommend Titan Insurance to a friend, 23 percent of customers purchased a Titan auto policy because the insurer offered the best price and 90 percent of current policy holders plan to renew their auto policy.
- Mobile car insurance app available for users of iPhone and Android.
- Lower prices than standard carriers for SR-22 insurance, those with tickets/accidents or a lapse in coverage.
- Flexible payment plan options.
- Titan Insurance offers several discounts including a discount members of the U.S. military and for those drivers who take a motor vehicle safety course.
- Has the backing of Nationwide Insurance, a top-rated carrier with strong financial strength ratings.
- Offers many ways to help in decreasing auto insurance premiums, especially for those wanting only their state’s minimum liability insurance requirements.
- Good customer service ratings
- Higher rates for those with good driving records.
- No multi-line coverage options/discounts available.
- No ability to file claims online.
- The best prices are available for those needing only the minimum amount of coverage required by law.
To get a quote for auto insurance, find a local agent or learn more about the company’s insurance products; you can visit the Titan Insurance website or call 1-800-771-7752.