Replacing and Correcting Military Tax Forms

At the end of each year, the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), provides you with the appropriate tax statements based on the type of income you have received. In most cases, this is the W2 reporting your military compensation. Special W2s or other tax statements are also produced for certain income such as Savings Deposit Program interest or DITY move travel reimbursement.

About DFAS
The Defense Finance and Accounting Service provides responsive, professional finance and accounting services to the men and women who defend America.

DFAS pays about 6.4 million people and in FY 2010 made 8.1 million travel payments, paid 11.4 million commercial invoices, made $578 billion in disbursements to pay recipients, and managed $487.9 billion in military retirement and health benefits funds. For more about DFAS visit

The services use a convenient website called MYPAY in order to access your personal tax statements, and a schedule of when your tax statements will be available online. This information is available to military members and DOD civilian employees. If you need someone else to access your information for you from home, a limited access account is also available. If you have problems accessing the site, you can call DFAS Customer Service Contact Center at 1-888-DFAS411.

For Active/Reserve Military: You may view, print and save your W-2 Wage and Tax Statement on-line. You may access your W-2 from the “Main Menu” by clicking on the Tax Statement (W-2) option.

If you have trouble reading the graphic version of your W-2, you can click on the “Text Version” link. The text version of your W-2 lists all your W-2 data items in a single column.

Army Active, Army Reserve and Army Guard soldiers are able to view, print and save their Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) tax statements on myPay.

Annuitants: You can view, print and save your tax statement. The tax statement displayed on myPay is the end of year tax statement.

For Civilians: You can view, print and save your tax statement. The tax statement displayed on myPay is the end of year tax statement.

Non Appropriated Fund employees: You can view, print and save your tax statement. You may access your W-2 from the “Main Menu” by clicking on the Tax Statement (W-2) option. Any corrected tax statements issued will not be reflected in myPay.

Retirees: You can view, print and save your tax statements. The tax statement displayed on myPay is the end of year tax statement. Military Retirees that are in a non-pay status due to a VA Waiver or Combat Pay can still access myPay but will have limited options available. Questions should be referred to the customer service previously listed.

For problems using myPay, or with your myPay PIN, contact the DFAS Centralized Customer Support Unit toll-free at 1-888-DFAS411 or 1-888-332-7411 or commercial at (216) 522-5096 or Defense Switching Network (DSN) at 580-5096. This support line is available Monday through Friday, 7:00 A.M. to 6:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time.
The Centralized Customer Support Unit can provide assistance on how to use the options available to you in myPay.

The Centralized Customer Support Unit will also provide support for establishing and changing your PIN.

For ALL other payroll information please contact your servicing pay office or your customer service representatives.

Sometimes, a military service member may need assistance correcting or replacing their W2, and cannot do so using MYPAY. Military and civilian personnel who have not received their W-2s or think they need a corrected W-2 must contact their local military finance/pay office or their activity’s customer service representative, respectively. If the local finance office or customer service representative is not available or cannot help, please follow the directions, based on your status.

Army: Army members must go through their servicing finance office or Defense Military Pay office to get replacement and corrected W-2s.

If you have separated from the Army or are requesting W-2s for off-line payments (student loans/claims) or do it yourself (DITY) moves, etc., call 1-888-332-7411. Army members who separated from the service with a debt requiring a W-2 should call 1-800-962-0648.

Air Force: For active duty, call your former payroll office first. If you need further assistance, call 1-888-332-7411.

Navy: If you are unable to contact your local military pay office call 1-888-332-7411.

Marine Corps: REPLACEMENT AND CORRECTED W-2s For members: On active duty
Contact your servicing Finance Office for replacement and corrected W-2s. Family members with Power of Attorney should also contact the member’s Finance Office. If you are separated, you can call 216-522-8762, and select option #4.

DoD Savings Deposit Program 1099INT: 888-332-7411

Voluntary Separation Incentive/Special Separation Benefit W2: 800-321-1080

Every effort is made to ensure correct and updated information. Please continue to check the official DFAS and MYPAY websites changes.