Applicant Rejection Letters Make You Stand Out as an Employer
Do you use applicant rejection letters? You do if you are earning a reputation as an employer of choice. Here are sample rejection letters for the applicants who did not get the job. Use these sample rejection letters to develop your own letters to politely and kindly turn a candidate down.
The following is a sample rejection letter for a candidate who did not appear to be a good fit for the open position or for your company.
Candidate Rejection Letter Sample
Name of Applicant
Dear (Applicant Name):
We interviewed a number of candidates for the (Name of Job) position, and we have determined that another candidate is the most qualified for the requirements of our opening. This letter is to let you know that you have not been selected for the position.
Thank you for taking the time to come to (Company Name) to meet our interview team. The team enjoyed meeting you and our discussions.
We wish you success with your job search and in the future. Thank you for your interest in our organization.
Real Person's Name and Signature
Example: HR Director for the Employee Selection Team
Standard Application Acknowledgement Letter
More About Sample Candidate Rejection Letters
- See a standard applicant rejection letter that you use to respond to applicants who are not as qualified as the applicants you decide to interview.
- See another sample, simple rejection letter sample for applicants whom you reject without an interview.
- Here is another sample rejection letter for applicants whom you choose not to invite for an interview.
- Here is a sample rejection letter for a candidate who did not appear to be a good fit for your company culture.
- See another sample rejection letter for use when youâ€™d like the candidate to interview for a different job in your company.
- Here is a sample rejection letter for a candidate you hope applies again in the future: good cultural fit.
- Find another sample rejection letter for an applicant whom you hope reapplies in the future.
- This is a rejection letter for a candidate who was not selected following a first interview.
- Find a sample rejection letter for a candidate who is rejected following an interview.
- Here is a sample rejection letter for a candidate who was not selected following a second interview.
- Find out more about how to write job candidate rejection letters.
Letters for Successful Candidates
What if the candidate you are contacting was successful in his or her application? Following are sample job offer letters to let the candidate know the good news.
Sample Job Offer Letters
- Early Career: Sample Job Offer Letter
- Mid-Career Sample Job Offer Letter
- Executive Sample Job Offer Letter
- Sales Representative Sample Job Offer Letter
- Generic or Standard Sample Job Offer Letter