Plymouth Rock Insurance Coverage Facts and Review
Plymouth Rock Insurance has been offering home and auto insurance to residents of New England for over 30 years. National carriers are not your only choice when it comes to shopping for the best policy options in insurance. Sometimes, regional carriers who only offer coverage in a specific region of the U.S provide exceptional service and competitive insurance rates. A perfect example of a successful regional insurance carrier is Plymouth Rock Insurance. It is the fifth largest auto insurer in the state of Massachusetts.
Plymouth Rock Insurance was founded in 1982 by James Stone and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. James Stone has an extensive insurance background. He holds a PhD in Economics from Harvard University and was the Chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. He also served as the youngest ever Commission of Insurance for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Plymouth Rock wrote its first insurance policy on January 1, 1984. The group of companies that make up Plymouth Rock Insurance now has written approximately $1 billion in property and casualty premiums. It is a subsidiary of the parent company, Plymouth Rock Group.
Through its subsidiary companies and more than 500 local independent agents, it offers home and auto coverage to insurance customers residing in Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire and New Jersey. Here is a full list of the subsidiaries of Plymouth Rock Group and where the companies offer insurance coverage:
- Plymouth Rock Insurance Corporation and Bunker Hill Insurance Company in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
- Pilgrim Insurance Company in Massachusetts.
- Mt. Washington Assurance Corporation in New Hampshire.
- Plymouth Rock Management Company of New Jersey.
Innovation and research are two things the company does well. Its research has helped produce important statistics for the insurance industry including figures of those who text while driving despite laws against it. Plymouth Rock is also very involved in its local communities giving support to groups such as the United Way, American Heart Association, American Red Cross and the New England Center for Homeless Veterans.
Financial Stability, Customer Service Ratings and Awards
- A.M. Best has given Plymouth Rock Insurance its A- “Excellent” rating.
- In 2010, Insurance Networking News ranked Plymouth Rock Insurance third best in its INNovators award for customer service.
- 2012 Professional Insurance Agents of New Hampshire Award for Overall Excellence.
- 2010 Professional Insurance Agents of New Hampshire Distinguished Service Award.
- Ranked 9th by J.D. Power & Associates in the 2014 U.S. Auto Insurance Rankings for overall customer satisfaction.
Plymouth Rock Coverage Options
You can get a quote online and purchase coverage for homeowners, commercial auto, renters/condo insurance, umbrella insurance and New Jersey Teachers Auto Insurance. Special discounts and rates are available for AARP members in Massachusetts.
One of the things about Plymouth Rock Insurance that makes it stand out from the crowd is its unique programs and services offered to policy holders including:
- Crashbusters: The Crashbusters program is a unique program initiated to facilitate claims handling where the adjusters travel to the customer, provide an on-site estimate and in many cases will go ahead and provide immediate reimbursement based on the estimated cost of the repairs.
- Get Home Safe: With the Get Home Safe program, you will receive reimbursement for taxi fare to get you home safely when you are unable to safely drive you automobile.
- Door to Door Valet Claim Service: This service will tow your vehicle to the repair shop and return it to you after the repair is complete.
- Plymouth Rock Savings Pass: This is a discount program allowing policy holders to save money on auto-related goods and services.
There are several ways to save money on your Plymouth Rock insurance premium including group discounts, defensive driving course discounts and discounts through New Jersey Health Care Primary.
The Bottom Line
There is a lot to like about Plymouth Rock Insurance. It has an excellent financial strength rating, a BBB rating of “A+” and excels in innovation to improve the customer satisfaction level of its policy holders. As a regional carrier, it is one of the top, even though it has not been around as long as some of its competitors. While you may find less expensive coverage elsewhere, the extras provided by the company’s programs and services may make up for paying a little more for coverage.
You can find out more about getting a quote or learning more about insurance products offered by visiting the Plymouth Rock Insurance website or calling 1-855-993-4470.