Plumber Resume Sample
Learn What Skills and Responsibilities to Highlight
Plumbers work in both commercial and residential settings to repair, install and maintain plumbing fixtures and systems for drainage, heating, drinking, venting and sewage. A large part of the job involves the ability to work with building blueprints to assess layouts of plumbing systems and the water supply. "Wet only plumbers" handle piping systems in bathrooms and radiators. "Gas only plumbers" focus on industrial work.
Plumbing Responsibilities to Highlight on a Resume
- Determine what type of plumbing and drainage systems need to be designed
- Review blueprints to determine the type of materials needed to install plumbing systems
- Choose the pipes and other fixtures according to the building blueprint specifications
- Select the materials to install the plumbing system
- Install plumbing and drainage systems to meet clients’ specifications
- Test plumbing system performance and makes changes as needed to achieve proper working order
- Install fittings and valves
- Install sinks, tubs, toilets and water heaters
- Prepare budgets covering supplies, equipment and tools
- Perform maintenance on fixtures and pipes as needed
- Perform diagnostic tests and repair faulty systems
- Repair leaks and test pipe systems
Plumbing Skills to Feature on a Resume
- Demonstrated track record troubleshooting complex plumbing systems
- Background working with a range of pipe materials and fittings
- Top level knowledge in assembling, modifying and fixing plumbing systems
- Sound abilities in installing pipes fixtures for water, heat and drainage systems
- Extensive knowledge of trade practices and plumbing codes
- Familiarity with both industrial and commercial plumbing protocols
- Able to estimate materials, equipment costs and labor time
- Able to perform hydrostatic and pressure tests to locate leakages
- Efficient execution of plumbing orders using blueprints and drawings
- Adept at utilizing and maintaining plumbing tools and equipment
- Proficient with safely making holes in walls and ceilings to access piping
- Skilled in measuring and cutting different size pipes
- Works well independently and without supervision
- Organizes and maintains efficient and accurate records and daily activity reports
Sample Plumber Resume
Astimore Plumbing Supply and Service
June 20XX - Present
- Assemble, install and repair pipes, fittings and fixtures of heating, water and drainage systems.
- Install and repair plumbing fixtures such as sinks, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units and dishwashers.
- Work with the construction department to plan plumbing necessities for new buildings, including studying blueprints and developing logical plan for installation.
- Assist with training of plumber apprentices.
Plumber Assistant / Apprentice
June 20XX - November 20XX
- Repair basic home plumbing issues such as clogs and leaks.
- Assist plumber with piping, sewage and installation on new home appliances.
Plumber Apprentice Program
Penn Foster; Scranton, PA
- Successful completion of program
- Plumber license
Scranton High School
- Varsity basketball team
- Captain, debate team
Please Note: Samples are provided for guidance only. Letters and other correspondence should be edited to fit your personal situation.