P.F. Chang's Preferred Customer Rewards
Free Food, Birthday Gift, Purchase Point Offers to Loyal P.F. Chang's Diners
Formerly referred to as the P.F. Chang's Warrior Club, the new customer loyalty program introduced by the P.F. Chang's restaurant chain in July 2015 is designed to identify "preferred" P.F. Chang's customers, and give them special treatment. The special treatment of the new P.F. Chang's Preferred Customer Loyalty program takes the form of free food, birthday gifts, members-only tasting events, and purchase points which can be redeemed for freebies and discounts.
Offers and Benefits of the New P.F. Chang's Preferred Customer Loyalty Program
When diners join the P.F. Chang's new Preferred Customer Loyalty Program, they will be given access to these members-only offers and benefits:
- 1,000 enrollment bonus points which can be redeemed for free food.
- 10 points for every dollar spent on food and non-alcoholic beverages at P.F. Chang's restaurants and ordered online for takeout (Once accumulated, 2,000 points can be redeemed for a free entree. In other words, for every $200 loyalty club members spend on qualified P.F. Chang's food and beverage, they'll receive one free entree.)
- Special opportunities to earn bonus points
- Access to members-only special events, experiences, and tastings
- A free dessert or appetizer during the members' birthday month
How to Join the P.F. Chang's Preferred Customer Loyalty Program
The P.F. Chang's Preferred Customer Loyalty Program is open to all diners and is free to join.
The loyalty program is managed electronically, so no membership cards will be issued or required.
Enrollment for the P.F. Chang's Preferred Customer Loyalty Program is facilitated online on the P.F. Chang's website. The following information will be collected when enrolling:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Zip Code
Instead of a membership number, each member's phone number is also their unique loyalty club identification number. When dining in a P.F. Chang's restaurant or ordering online, P.F. Chang's Preferred members only need to provide their phone number in order to receive reward points for their purchases.
Redeeming P.F. Chang's Points and Members-Only Specials
Points and members-only specials can be redeemed at a P.F. Chang's following these guidelines:
- When 2,000 points have been accumulated, a Free Entree Reward will automatically be generated and sent to the member via email.
- Free Entree Rewards will expire 60 days after they are issued.
- Preferred Loyalty Club points have no expiration date except if a member's account has no transactions within 12 consecutive months or no rewards earned within a 24-month period.
- Points can be redeemed for a free entree in restaurants or with a takeout order. Points cannot be redeemed for a free entree at Pei Wei restaurants, or with orders using a third party ordering service like DiningIn.
- Free Entree Rewards can be exchanged for these P.F. Chang's menu items:
- Wok Classic Dishes
- Chang's Specialties and Special Seasonal Entrees
- Noodle, Mein, and Rice Dishes
- Gluten Free Entrees
Review of the P.F. Chang's Preferred Customer Loyalty Program Benefits
As with any customer loyalty program, the P.F. Chang's Preferred Customer Loyalty Program gives acknowledgment and appreciation to repeat customers. Headquartered in Arizona, the P.F. Chang's restaurant chain is one of the largest U.S. restaurant industry chains, and therefore able to attract repeat diners in cities throughout the U.S. The accumulation of points gives Preferred Loyalty Club members a reason to choose P.F. Chang's over other local, single location Asian cuisine full-service restaurants that aren't publicly traded restaurant chains and aren't able to offer any future benefits or bonuses.
While repeat customers points programs offered by major U.S restaurant chains have proven to be effective in motivating repeat customer visits, the need for P.F.
Chang's Preferred members to spend $200 before being able to redeem their points might prove to be too high of a price to sustain the highest levels of customer engagement. The high reward redemption level may result in giving freebies to customers who would be loyal P.F. Chang's diners just because they love the food and P.F. Chang's dining experience, rather than converting casual customers into frequently returning diners.