People Skills Interview Questions for Call Center Jobs
One of the best ways to prepare for a job interview is to review common questions you might be asked. By reviewing questions and answers relating to work at a call center, you will be ready to ace your interview. Try to personalize your answers with examples from your previous experience at work, school, and volunteer positions.
Here are some answers to the call center job interview question "Do you have good people skills?"
Examples of the Best Answers
- I like working with people, and I have been told that I have good people skills. My previous manager rated my communication skills at a 9 out of 10 in my last performance review. I think I communicate effectively and in a pleasant way.
- I get along well with most people I meet, and people find me easy to talk to, so I think I have good people skills. When I was in college, I volunteered with the alumni association to make calls for donations. I got along well with the alums I talked to and was very effective at obtaining donations.
- Throughout my career, I have always worked in customer service, and been known as a people person. I enjoy working with others toward a common goal. In one of my first jobs, I learned how effective it could be to work as a team when I was in a group that was handling calls on a recalled item. We were able to share our strategies and improve customer satisfaction by 30% in a 3 month period.
- My people skills have allowed me to excel in call center work. I can empathize with my callers, and I listen carefully and try to resolve issues as simply and effectively as possible. At my last position, I received recognition for my work with customers.
- Good people skills include the ability to relate to others, and to problem solve. I was able to use both of these skills effectively during my internship at XYZ Company. Part of my job was to greet clients upon arrival at our offices and determine which sales associate would be the best fit for their needs.