How to Manage Your Bills Better With Quicken Bill Pay
Quicken Bill Pay is an online bill pay service that works with Quicken personal finance software. You don't need to have Quicken installed on your computer to use the Quicken Bill Pay service, though. You can access the add-on directly by logging into the Quicken Bill Pay website. Quicken Bill Pay was developed by Intuit, the same company that runs PayTrust online bill pay service.
Payees That Work With Quicken Bill Pay
Hundreds of companies can be paid with Quicken Bill Pay, which costs $9.95/month for up 20 bill payments. Each additional five bill payments costs $2.49, which means you could end up paying nearly $15 a month for 26 or 27 payments.
The service has several useful features:
- Email notifications get sent to you when bills arrive.
- Payments made online at the Quicken Bill Pay site get automatically transferred into Quicken desktop software.
- Set up repeating payments for bills that vary from month-to-month as well as fixed monthly amounts.
- View full details for each bill.
- Pay bills from Quicken software or directly from the Quicken Bill Pay site.
- Pay from up to 10 accounts at multiple banks.
- On-time payment guarantee: late fees paid up to $50 if a bill is paid late.
Using the Bill Pay Service
Quicken Bill Pay has a simple set up process, and bills can be paid using any U.S. checking account. The site stores payee details such as account numbers and other information for you, so you just need to enter amounts and schedule the payments. You can pay immediately and at any time, or set payments for future dates to help you avoid missed or late payments. You can also set your recurring payments to be paid each month automatically.
Setting up Quicken Bill Pay Online
Gather your checking account information for the payment account you plan to use and have your social security number ready before you begin.
Visit the Quicken Bill Pay website and Click the Start Now button. Complete the registration form, and you'll be ready to set up your accounts.
Setting up Quicken Bill Pay in Quicken
If you use Quicken software, you can easily set up Quicken Bill Pay by following these steps:
- Click Tools in the menu.
- Click Quicken Bill Pay.
- Click Learn about Quicken Bill Pay.
Adding Your List of Payees
A payee in Quicken Bill Pay means any company, service or individual you'll be paying through the service. A payee can be a utility, a bank for your mortgage loan, or it could be your landlord, for example.
When setting up payees, you will provide basic information about the individual or the business you'll be paying, such as payment address and account number. Quicken saves this information in your payee list so you can make payments to that payee again in the future, so you only have to enter this information once.
Set up payees by following these steps:
- Click Tools in the menu and select Online Payee List.
- Click New.
- Enter the name of the new payee.
- Enter the address of the new payee.
- Enter the account number for the payee.
- Enter the phone number for the payee.
- Click OK.
The site will add your new payee to your Payee List so you can easily send payments to them electronically in the future.