Panda Protection Review
A Full Review of Panda Protection, a Free Antivirus Program
Panda Protection (previously called Panda Free Antivirus) is a great free antivirus program because it automatically collects threat detection techniques from other users that have the program installed, which helps protect against new and upcoming attacks.
Important: Panda Protection provides constant virus protection, also called on-access or resident protection, for free. This means that Panda Protection can completely replace antivirus software from companies like McAfee and Norton that charge for their software and for yearly access to updates.
- Automatic and transparent upgrades
- Small download file
- URL and web monitoring/filtering
- Automatic USB protection
- Lightweight and easy on system resources
- Contains advertisements
- Installation is a little slow
- Tries to make unnecessary changes during setup
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP are the supported operating systems
- Panda Protection comes equipped with a real-time antivirus and antispyware engine to catch threats before they cause damage
- Includes a built-in web monitor to protect against malicious links
- You can secure the program with a password
- Option to scan compressed files
- Able to run a full or custom scan as well as just a critical scan
- Files, folders, and particular extensions can be blocked from scans
- A rescue boot disc can be built with Panda Protection to create a bootable antivirus program
- Parental controls block specific web addresses, domains, programs, and folders from being accessed
- Supports gaming/multimedia mode
- It's easy to block/shutdown any actively running process
- Option to require you to confirm removing a found virus
- Gathers data from other Panda users to help avert threats
- Can run scheduled scans
My Thoughts on Panda Protection
What I like the most about Panda Protection is that it puts off a particular feeling of strong security while it’s running.
It’s not intrusive, but instead clearly shows how its securing all running system processes and websites.
As I mentioned above, it does have advertisements within the program, mainly to try and get you to purchase the professional version.
Note: During setup, Panda Protection asks to install a toolbar for increased web security as well as a couple other web browser changes like altering your home page.