- Melanie has written widely about personal finance, especially on debt, spending, and debt’s impact on mental health
- Her work has appeared on Credit Karma, Business Insider, CentSai, and other online publications
- She paid off student loan debt of $81,000 and draws on that experience to inform her writing
- She is the author of “Dear Debt: A Story About Breaking Up With Debt,” a personal finance memoir and how-to
- She co-founded LOLA Retreat, a gathering for women to discuss money and finances
While pursuing college degrees in theatre arts, Melanie racked up more than $80,000 in student loan debt. Living with this debt, managing its effects on her mental state, and eventually paying it off informs her writing and her advocacy. As a personal finance writer she’s been published on Business Insider, Credit Karma, CentSai, and others. As an advocate for women’s financial empowerment, she co-founded LOLA Retreat, a gathering of women to discuss money and personal finance.
Melanie is the author of “Dear Debt: A Story About Breaking Up With Debt,” which details her struggles with student loan debt and its effects on her mental health In the book she shares the tools and strategies she developed to cope with and eventually overcome her debt.