Mark Wolfinger served as an options market maker for the Chicago Board of Exchange (CBOE) for over two decades.
Mark has shared his expertise as the author of several options investing-related books including "The Rookie's Guide to Options," now in its second edition.
Mark Wolfinger is a former writer for The Balance, contributing articles about options trading for over two years. Wolfinger served as an options market maker for the Chicago Board of Exchange (CBOE) using strategies such as writing covered calls and naked puts, selling put credit spreads and trading iron condors.
He continues to trade for his own account and educates novice option traders through his published books, trading seminars, individual mentoring, and blog.
Wolfinger earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Brooklyn College and a Ph.D. in chemistry from Northwestern University.
Awards and Publications
- The Rookie's Guide to Options; 2nd Edition (2013)
- Create Your Own Hedge Fund (2005)
- The Short Book on Options (2002)
- Iron Condors (Volume 2 in the Best Option Strategies series) (2014)
- Introduction to Options: The Basics (2014)
- Writing Naked Puts (Volume 1 in the Best Option Strategies series) (2014)
- The Short Book on Options (2002, 2014)
- The Option Trader's Mindset: Think Like a Winner (2012)
- Lessons of a Lifetime: My 33 Years as an Option Trader (2010)
About The Balance and Dotdash
The Balance makes personal finance easy to understand. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on managing your money. Whether you’re looking to invest, buy a home, save for retirement, or achieve another financial goal, The Balance will answer your questions with straightforward personal financial advice.
The Balance is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.