- Professional options trader since 1975
- Former market maker at the Chicago Board of Exchange
- Author of multiple books, including "The Rookie's Guide to Options"
Mark Wolfinger is a former writer for The Balance who covered options trading. He was an options market maker at the CBOE for over two decades and has shared his expertise as the author of several books on the subject, including "The Rookie's Guide to Options," now in its second edition.
During his time at the CBOE, Wolfinger used strategies including writing covered calls and naked puts, selling put credit spreads and trading iron condors. He has continued to trade for his own account and uses his books, trading seminars, and blog to advise novice options traders.
Wolfinger's other books and e-books include:
- Create Your Own Hedge Fund (2005)
- The Short Book on Options (2002)
- Iron Condors (Volume 2 in the Best Option Strategies series) (2014)
- Introduction to Options: The Basics Kindle (2014)
- Writing Naked Puts (Volume 1 in the Best Option Strategies series) (2014)
- The Short Book on Options (2002, 2014)
- The Option Trader's Mindset: Think Like a Winner Kindle (2012)
- Lessons of a Lifetime: My 33 Years as an Option Trader Kindle (2010)
Wolfinger has a bachelor's degree in science from Brooklyn College and a Ph.D. in chemistry from Northwestern University.
About The Balance and Dotdash
The Balance makes personal finance easy to understand. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on managing your money. Whether you’re looking to invest, buy a home, save for retirement, or achieve another financial goal, The Balance will answer your questions with straightforward personal financial advice.
The Balance is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.