Mark D. Wolfinger
- Professional options trader since 1975
- Former market maker at the Chicago Board Options Exchange
- Author of "The Rookie's Guide to Options"
Mark Wolfinger was an options market maker at the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) for over two decades. He's authored several books, including "The Rookie's Guide to Options," now in its second edition. He's contributed a number of articles to The Balance demystifying options and trading strategies.
During his time at the CBOE, Mark's strategy of choice was writing covered calls. He's also profited writing naked puts, selling credit spreads, and trading iron condors. He continues to trade his own account and advises novice and experienced traders through his books, his blog, and trading seminars.
Mark's other books and e-books include:
- Create Your Own Hedge Fund (2005)
- The Short Book on Options (2002)
- Iron Condors (Volume 2 in the Best Option Strategies series) (2014)
- Introduction to Options: The Basics Kindle (2014)
- Writing Naked Puts (Volume 1 in the Best Option Strategies series) (2014)
- The Option Trader's Mindset: Think Like a Winner Kindle (2012)
- Lessons of a Lifetime: My 33 Years as an Option Trader Kindle (2010)
Wolfinger has a bachelor's degree in science from Brooklyn College and a Ph.D. in chemistry from Northwestern University.
Latest From Mark D. Wolfinger
SPX Options vs. SPY Options
Are Options for Risk Takers or the Risk Averse?
Using Positive Theta Strategies When Bullish or Bearish
Advice on Making Your First Option Trade
Why Puts Cost More Than Calls
Stock Trading vs. Option Trading: Options Are Not Stocks.
Strategies for New Option Traders
Option Strategies and the Philosophy Behind Writing Covered Calls
Misconception: Almost All Options Expire Worthless
Negative Gamma for Aggressive Traders
Learn About the Psychology of Trading and How Mindset Effects Results
Learn What Volatility Skew Is in Investments
Odds That Your Options Will Move Into the Money
Understand an Out-of-the-Money Option and How to Hedge It
Do You Understand European Settlement Price? Now You Can Learn More