Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions
MOS 2629 -- Signals Intelligence Analyst
Type of MOS : NMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to Cpl
Job Description: This is a NMOS that requires formal analysis and reporting training. Signals intelligence analysts' duties encompass all facets of signals intelligence analysis and supervision of selected collection and EW/COMSEC operations. In this function, the analyst develop and maintain records on technical aspects of target emitters, develop and maintain communications order of battle files, situation maps, and other related SIGINT files.
Analysts prepare and issue reports to include intelligence reports, technical reports, and summaries. Analyst may be required to perform Signals Intelligence briefings. Prior to advancement to master sergeant (2691), opportunities are provided for analyst to attend supervisory level courses in preparation for management/leadership assignments. This MOS will be assigned to Marines holding MOSs 2621, 2631, and 267X. This MOS will be assigned and voided by authority of the CMC (MM)
(1) Must possess a GT score of 100 or higher.
(2) Complete the Marine Analysis and Reporting Course.
(4) Must be a U.S. citizen.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 3400.41, Signals Intelligence Training and Readiness Manual.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Radio-Intelligence Operator 193.362-014.
(2) Electronic Intelligence Operations Specialist 193.282-010.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
(1) Electronic Intelligence (ELINT) Intercept Operator/Analyst, 2631.
(2) Special Communications Signals Collection Operator/Analyst, 2621.
(3) Cryptologic Linguist, 267X.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3