Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions
MOS 2611 -- Cryptologic Digital Network Technician/Analyst
Type of MOS : NMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to LCpl
Job Description: This is a NMOS that requires formal digital network analysis and reporting training. Cryptologic digital network technicians/analysts are involved in all facets of planning and conducting digital network collection and analysis. Operators must perform digital signals search mission; measure, evaluate and classify digital network signals; and provide traditional signals intelligence (SIGINT) support as deemed necessary by the unit commander.
Operators must be familiar with computer hardware and software programs to include network operating systems. The duties and tasks for MOS 2611 increase at the rank of staff sergeant and above to encompass digital network analysis product reporting, information operations planning support, and supervisory tasks and functions. This MOS will be assigned as to Marines in the 2600 OccFld.
(1) Must possess a GT score of 100 or higher.
(2) Complete the Basic Digital Network Analysis (BDNA) Course, the Marine Corps Cryptologic Computer Administration Program (MCCAP), or complete the Marine Corps Digital Network Operations Program (MCDNOP).
(3) Must be a U. S. citizen.
(5) This MOS will be assigned and voided only by the authority of the CMC (MM)
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 3500.41, Signals Intelligence Training and Readiness Manual.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
No civilian equivalent
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
(1) Communications Signals Collection Operator/Analyst, 2621.
(2) Special Intelligence Systems Administrator/Communicator, 2651.
(3) Signals Intelligence Analyst, 2629.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3