Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions
MOS 2311 -- Ammunition Technician
Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to Pvt
Job Description: Ammunition technicians work in every facet of the ammunition field, including receipt, storage, issue, and handling of ammunition and toxic chemicals.
(1) Must possess a GT score of 100 or higher.
(2) Complete the Enlisted Ammunition Specialist Course (A2123C1).
(3) Must possess a secret security clearance based on background investigation when knowledge or possession of secret information is required.
(4) Must have normal color vision.
(5) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(6) No convictions by court-martial, civilian courts, or nonjudicial punishment of any type involving larceny, theft, or trafficking any controlled substances.
(7) Marines who handle ammunition and explosives must meet the criteria to be qualified and certified in accordance with MCO 8023.3.
(8) Marines who are assigned MOS 2311 as their primary duties must be capable of meeting the command screening requirements of MCO 8020.10.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.78, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Magazine Keeper 222.367-038.
(2) Ordnance Artificer 632.261-018.
Aviation Ordnance Chief, 6591.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3