Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions
MOS 2171 -- Electra-Optical Ordnance Repairer
Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: GySgt to Pvt
Job Description: The electro-optical ordnance repairer performs electro-optical maintenance and repair to ground ordnance laser and night vision devices, small missiles systems, and other fire control equipment. Duties also include performing mechanical, mechanical-optical and electrical repairs to include inspecting, troubleshooting and adjusting fire control instruments and systems.
The electro-optical ordnance repairer, grades Private through Corporal, also completes basic shop administrative forms and records using technical publications. At the grades of Sergeant and above, the electro-optical ordnance repairer trains, supervises, and performs various duties and tasks incident to the management of an electro-optical ordnance repair shop or facility.
(1) Must possess an MM score of 105 or higher.
(2) Must possess an EL score of 115 or higher.
(3) Must have a National Agency Check, Local Agency Check, and Credit Check (NACLC) resident within the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).
(4) Must have normal color vision.
(5) Complete the Electro-Optical Ordnance Repairer Course, U.S. Army Ordnance Center and School, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
(6) Complete Ground Ordnance Intermediate Level Supervisors Course (CID A01GBC1) by Sergeant through Staff Sergeant with 24 months remaining on active duty upon completion of course.
In the case of lateral move, must have served a minimum of one year in MOS 2171. Prerequisites for USMCR include serving in an active Reserve billet in MOS 2171.
(7) ENTNAC or NAC (National Agency Check) completed with favorable results.
(8) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(9) Must be eligible for a secret security clearance.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.57, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Instrument Mechanic, Weapons System 711.281-014.
(2) Electro-Optical Instrument 711.281-010.
(3) Artillery-Maintenance Supervisor 632.131-010.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Electronic Maintenance Repair, 2886.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3