Looking to trade some US Treasury Bond ETFs? Then you've come to the right place. Compiled especially for you, a full list of U.S. Treasury Bond ETFs (some are also built upon TIPS funds).
Treasury ETFs are issued and backed by the US Government and tend to have less risk than corporate bonds. They have durations that range from weeks to 30 years, make semi-annual interest payments, and are taxed on the federal level. They are initially bought through an auction, and prices for bonds can range from $100 to $5 million.
- Exchange-traded funds can consist of U.S Treasuries for investors that need exposure to the bond market.
- Treasury ETFs are less risky than corporate bond ETFs because they are backed by the U.S. Government.
- You can find Treasury ETFs at many popular brokers with a wide selection of maturities.
US Treasury Bonds
- AGZ – iShares Agency Bond ETF
- BIL – SPDR Bloomberg Barclays 1-3 Month T-Bill ETF
- EDV – Vanguard Extended Duration Treasury Index ETF
- GBF – iShares Government/Credit Bond ETF
- GOVT - iShares U.S. Treasury Bond ETF
- GVI – iShares Intermediate Government/Credit Bond ETF
- IEF – iShares 7-10 Year Treasury Bond ETF
- IEI – iShares 3-7 Year Treasury Bond ETF
- MINT – PIMCO Enhanced Short Maturity Active ETF
- PST – UltraShort 7-10 Year Treasury ETF
- PLW – Invesco 1-30 Laddered Treasury ETF
- SHV – iShares Short Treasury Bond ETF
- SHY – iShares Barclays 1-3 Year Treasury ETF
- SPTI – SPDR Portfolio Intermediate Term Treasury ETF
- SPTL – SPDR Portfolio Long Term Treasury ETF
- SPTS – SPDR Portfolio Short Term Treasury ETF
- STIP – iShares 0-5 Year TIPS Bond ETF
- TBF – ProShares Short 20+ Year Treasury ETF
- TBT – ProShares UltraShort 20+ Year Treasury ETF
- TBX – ProShares Short 7-10 Year Treasury ETF
- TDTF – FlexShares iBoxx 5-Year Target Duration TIPS Index Fund
- TDTT – FlexShares iBoxx 3-Year Target Duration TIPS Index Fund
- TLH – iShares 10-20 Year Treasury Bond ETF
- TLT – iShares Barclays 20+ Year Treasury ETF
- TTT – ProShares UltraPro Short 20+ Year Treasury ETF
- UBT – ProShares Ultra 20+ Year Treasury ETF
- USFR – WisdomTree Floating Rate Treasury Fund
- UST – ProShares Ultra 7-10 Year Treasury ETF
- VGIT – Vanguard Intermediate-Term Treasury ETF
- VGLT – Vanguard Long-Term Treasury ETF
- VGSH – Vanguard Short-Term Treasury Index ETF
While some of these funds may be attractive, be sure to conduct thorough research before making any trades. Check the history of the ETF, understand the risks, watch the fund in action and see how it reacts to different market conditions. Also, take a look at what is in the funds as many ETFs may contain derivatives such as futures and options. And if you have any questions or concerns, be sure to consult a financial professional, such as a broker or advisor.