List of Junk Bond ETFs
High-yield ETFs to consider for your portfolio
Some investors like to make interest rate plays, and bond ETFs are a great way to play the yield curve. Junk bond ETFs might be the weapon of choice for investors who have a higher risk tolerance, however.
One of the best advantages of ETFs is the way taxes are calculated on these assets, especially compared to other investments. If you think high-yield ETFs might be the right choice for your trading strategy, here's a list of funds to consider.
Junk Bonds ETF List
- ANGL - Market Vectors Fallen Angel High Yield Bond ETF
- BSJO - Guggenheim BulletShares 2024 High Yield Corporate Bond ETF
- CJNK - SPDR BofA Merrill Lynch Crossover Corporate Bond ETF
- EMHY - iShares Emerging Markets High Yield Bond ETF
- FALN - iShares U.S. Fallen Angels USD Bond ETF
- GHYB - Goldman Sachs Access High Yield Corporate Bond ETF
- GYHG - iShares Global High Yield Corporate Bond Fund ETF
- HHYX - iShares Currency Hedged International High Yield Bond ETF
- HYDB - iShares Edge High Yield Defensive Bond ETF
- HYDD - Direxion Daily High Yield Bear 2x Shares ETF
- HYEM - Market Vectors Emerging Markets High Yield Bond ETF
- HYG - iShares iBoxx High Yield Corporate Bond ETF
- HYGH - ProShares High Yield-Interest Rate Hedged ETF
- HYIH - Deutsche X-Trackers High Yield Corporate Bond - Interest Rate Hedged ETF
- HYLB - Deutsche X-Trackers USD High Yield Corporate Bond ETF
- HYLD - Advisor Shares Peritus High Yield ETF
- HYLS - First Trust Tactical High Yield ETF
- HYLV - IQ S&P High Yield Low-Volatility Bond ETF
- HYND - WisdomTree Negative Duration High Yield Bond Fund ETF
- HYS - PIMCO 0-5 Year High Yield Corporate Bond Index Fund
- HYXE - iShares iBoxx $ High Yield ex Oil & Gas Corporate Bond EFT
- HYXU - iShares Global ex USD High Yield Corporate Bond ETF
- HYZD - Wisdom Tree Bank of America Merrill Lynch High Yield Bond Zero Duration Fund
- JNK - SPDR Barclays Capital High Yield Bond ETF
- JPHY - JPMorgan Disciplined High Yield ETF
- PGHY - Invesco Global Short Term High Yield Bond ETF
- PHV - Invesco Fundamental High Yield Corporate Bond ETF
- SHYG - iShares 0-5 Year High Yield Corporate Bond EFT
- SJB - ProShares Short High Yield ETF
- SJNK - SPDR Barclays Capital Short Term High Yield Bond ETF
- THHY - VanEck Vectors Treasury-Hedged High Yield Bond ETF
- UJB - ProShares Ultra High Yield Bond ETF
- WYDE - ProShares CDS Short North American HY Credit ETF
A Word of Caution
High-yield junk bond ETFs are not for the beginning investor. These ETFs are for traders who use advanced strategies. If this is your first look into high-yield bond funds, be sure to conduct thorough research before you invest.
Each fund on this list should be individually scrutinized. Look what's in the fund or note, watch how it reacts to different market conditions, and examine its historical performance. Contact a financial professional such as your broker or adviser if you have any questions or concerns. No fund—or any investment, for that matter—is without risk, and the high-yield bond ETFs on this list are no exception. They are not for the faint of heart, so due diligence is a must.
When you're satisfied with your research and have made your investing decision, good luck with these trades and all your financial strategies.
The Balance does not provide tax, investment, or financial services and advice. The information is being presented without consideration of the investment objectives, risk tolerance or financial circumstances of any specific investor and might not be suitable for all investors. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Investing involves risk including the possible loss of principal.