If you're interested in investing in foreign markets, one strategy to consider is international bond ETFs. This category of funds can provide a good way to gain exposure to foreign markets, to hedge foreign interest rates, or to create a revenue stream in your portfolio. Here's a list of some international bond ETFs. You can click on the links for some of these symbols for more information.
- BNDX - Vanguard Total International Bond ETF
- BWX - SPDR Bloomberg Barclays International Treasury Bond ETF
- BWZ - SPDR Bloomberg Barclays Short Term International Treasury Bond ETF
- CEMB - iShares J.P. Morgan EM Corporate Bond ETF
- CBON - VanEck Vectors ChinaAMC China Bond ETF
- EBND - SPDR Bloomberg Barclays Emerging Markets Local Bond ETF
- ELD - WisdomTree Emerging Markets Local Debt Fund
- EMB - iShares J.P. Morgan USD Emerging Markets Bond ETF
- EMBH - iShares Interest Rate Hedged Emerging Markets Bond ETF
- EMCB - WisdomTree Emerging Markets Corporate Bond ETF
- ESEB - Xtrackers J.P. Morgan ESG Emerging Markets Sovereign ETF
- EMLC - VanEck Vectors J.P. Morgan EM Local Currency Bond ETF
- EMHY - iShares J.P. Morgan EM High Yield Bond ETF
- FEMB - First Trust Emerging Markets Local Currency Bond ETF
- FWDB - AdvisorShares FolioBeyond Smart Core Bond ETF
- HYEM - VanEck Vectors Emerging Markets High Yield Bond ETF
- HYXU - iShares International High Yield Bond ETF
- IAGG - iShares Core International Aggregate Bond ETF
- IBND - SPDR Bloomberg Barclays International Corporate Bond ETF
- IGOV - iShares International Treasury Bond ETF
- IHY - VanEck Vectors International High Yield Bond ETF
- ISHG - iShares 1-3 Year International Treasury Bond ETF
- LEMB - iShares J.P. Morgan EM Local Currency Bond ETF
- PCY - Invesco Emerging Markets Sovereign Debt ETF
- PGHY - Invesco Global Short Term High Yield Bond ETF
- PICB - Invesco International Corporate Bond ETF
- WIP - SPDR FTSE International Government Inflation-Protected Bond ETF
A Word of Caution
You might want to look at some of the major funds when you're well-versed in these types of bond ETFs to see how they perform and react to various market conditions. As with any foreign ETF, it's important to understand both the risks and advantages. There are many aspects to consider, including rates, historical results and what's actually in the fund. Be sure to conduct thorough research and consult a professional such as a licensed broker or a financial advisor if you have any questions or concerns.
Then, when you're ready, have a look at some of the funds on this list. You may find the perfect fit for your investment strategy.
Note: Always consult with a financial professional for the most up-to-date information and trends. This article is not investment advice and it is not intended as investment advice.