Lincoln National Life Insurance Company Review
Financial strength and strong customer service are top considerations when choosing a life insurance company. Lincoln National Life Insurance Company has been in business for more than 100 years and is a well-trusted name in the insurance industry.
Lincoln National Life Insurance Company is a subsidiary of Lincoln Financial Group. The company was founded in 1905 and is headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania. It is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 247 out of 500 and is a publicly traded company on the NYSE under the symbol LNC. The company is also on the Baron’s 500 list and is ranked 220 out of 500. Total assets for the Lincoln Financial Group reached $223 billion in 2013.
Lincoln Financial Group’s business operations are divided into four segments including life insurance, annuities, group protection and retirement plan services. Lincoln Financial Group is involved in many philanthropic activities including its Lincoln Financial Foundation which donates over $10 million annually to the communities where it maintains a strong business presence.
Life Insurance Policy Options
Lincoln National offers its customers a comprehensive line of life insurance products including:
- Term – Term life insurance products offered by Lincoln National Life Insurance Company include policies with 5, 10, 15, or 20-year term limits offering a fixed premium. Supplemental riders available with the term life insurance policy include: waiver of premium rider – premium payments may be waived if insured becomes totally disabled; children’s level term insurance rider -- Provides term coverage for children; and the accelerated benefit rider – You can receive a portion of the death benefit if you develop a terminal illness. All rider term life policy options and are available at an additional cost to the policy premium.
- Universal – This policy offers permanent life insurance along with a cash accumulation value. Several policy options and endorsements are available with the universal life insurance policy through Lincoln National to customize a policy to fit your specific needs. Additional options include accelerated benefits, accelerated benefits with critical illness, accidental death benefit, children’s term, disability waiver, guaranteed insurability, minimum death benefit and spouse term riders.
- Variable Universal Life – An option that combines term life insurance with cash accumulation value with flexible premium and death benefit options. There are more than twelve variable universal life policies available through Lincoln National.
Some life insurance products are not available in New York.
Lincoln Financial Group offers annuities to help individuals prepare for retirement with a protected source of monthly income. Annuity products include:
- Fixed Annuities: The fixed annuity plans help protect your savings and once you begin receiving a retirement income check, it will be based on your pre-selected rate. You can also add features that will allow you to pass the annuity on to your loved ones and ensure your plan grows at a predictable rate. Several fixed annuity plan options are available.
- Variable Annuities: A variable annuity plan maximizes the ability to earn on investments while still maintaining a protected monthly income for life. Options are available that allow you to pass the plan on to your dependents or use the money to cover long-term care expenses. Several variable annuity plans are available.
Lincoln National Life Insurance Company is financially sound and has the ability to meet financial obligations as well as pay any claims presented. This ability is demonstrated by the ratings given by these top insurance rating organizations:
Better Business Bureau Rating
Lincoln National Corporation, the parent company of Lincoln National Life Insurance Company, has an “A+” rating with the BBB and has been an accredited company since 1939. Over a three-year time period, there were 92 total complaints with the majority of those being in the areas of problems with products or services.
Pros & Cons
Lincoln National Life Insurance Company is a part of Lincoln Financial Group and offers a comprehensive choice of life insurance products. With excellent financial strength ratings, you can trust in its ability to pay claims and remain financially secure.
One advantage is being able to take care of all your long-term planning needs such as life insurance, asset management, and retirement planning with one company. The life insurance rates are competitively priced. A disadvantage of the life insurance policy is the inability to receive a quote online.
To learn more about life insurance and other products offered, visit the Lincoln Financial Group website or call 1-877-275-5462 Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.