Leveraged and Inverse Precious Metal ETFs
List of Leveraged and Inverse Precious Metal Funds
Precious metals are no doubt a precious commodity. Not only in the eye of the beholder but the eye of the investor as well. Gold might be one of the top commodities in which people invest (although oil might have something to say about that), but even other precious metals such as silver, copper, and platinum attract their fair share of investors as well.
So for investors who want to invest in precious metals, I would recommend looking into precious metal ETFs and ETNs. They make investing life easier by giving you instant exposure to the precious metal sector without having to corner the market on bars of silver or fight the pricing on a gold index basket. With one transaction, you have instant access to the precious metal market.
And not only are precious metal ETFs a bit easier to trade, but they come with many advantages as well. They can help reduce your brokerage bill and they have some tax benefits, too. So if precious metal ETFs interest you, I have your research covered with the full list...
However, I know a lot of investors like to utilize advanced trading products such as inverse and leveraged funds and notes, so I have you covered there as well. I've compiled a list of leveraged and inverse precious metal exchange traded notes and funds below. I've broken out the products by the precious metal. Right now only gold, silver and platinum have a leveraged or short fund, but as that changes, I will update the lists...
List of Leveraged and Inverse Gold ETFs
- DGLD - 3x Inverse Gold ETN
- DGP - DB Gold Double Long ETN
- DNO - US Short Oil Fund
- DTO - Power Shares DB Crude Oil Double Short ETN
- DUG - Ultra Short Oil & Gas Pro Shares ETF
- DUST - Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bear 2x Shares ETF
- DZZ - DB Gold Double Short ETN
- FSG - Factor Shares 2X Gold Bull S&P 500 Bear ETF
- GLL - the Ultra Short Gold Pro Shares ETF
- GLDL - Direxion Daily Gold Bull 3X Shares
- GLDS - Direxion Daily Gold Bear 3X Share
- JDST - Direxion Daily Junior Gold Miners Index Bear 3X Shares
- JNUG - Direxion Daily Junior Gold Miners Index Bull 3X Shares
- NUGT - Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bull 2x Shares ETF
- UGL - the Pro Shares Ultra Gold ETF
- UGLD - 3x Long Gold ETN
List of Leveraged and Inverse Silver ETFs
- AGQ - the Pro Shares Ultra Silver ETF
- ZSL - the Pro Shares Ultra Short Silver ETF
- DSLV - 3x Inverse Silver ETN
- USLV - 3x Long Silver ETN
List of Leveraged and Inverse Platinum ETFs
- LPLT - 2x Long Platinum ETN
- IPLT - 2x Inverse Platinum ETN
As I said above, I will update this list as more leveraged or inverse precious metal funds come to market or if any of these funds get delisted. So check back often.
Also, please be aware that adding leveraged and inverse precious metal ETFs (or ETNs) to your portfolio is a very advanced investing strategy. These funds have more risk than a normal exchange traded product, so please understand all negative factors just as much as the positive ones.
Not only should you research each individual leveraged or inverse precious metal fund on this list before you make any trades, but you should also thoroughly research leveraged and inverse ETFs in general. Understand how they work, what is in the funds (such as derivatives), how they react to different market conditions and their potential risks and impact on your portfolio.
And if you have any questions about any of these precious metal products, be sure to consult a financial professional such as an advisor or your broker. However, once you have conducted your due diligence and made your investing decisions, then good luck with all of your trades.
Disclaimer: At the time of publication of this article, I do not have any open positions in and of the above precious metal exchange traded funds or notes.