- Strategy and investment professional with 25+ years. Education and work experience in corporate finance, investment banking, and growth funding
- Lead arranger of high-profile M&A and cross-border technology transfer joint ventures between North America and MENA regions
- Strategy and funding advisor to entrepreneurs starting disruptive business models in Fintech and Technology spaces
- Teaches Fintech, Corporate Finance and Entrepreneurship at Cornell and Brandeis
- Course creator and case-based educator and trainer on strategic finance, growth funding and the CFA material between 2012 and 2020
Khadija Khartit has 25 years of experience in management, investment banking and startup advisory, including 10 years of management in operating multinationals, 10 years in investment banking, mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt capital raising, and 4 years in tech startups’ advisory. Khadija worked on the fund-raising process as an advisor, an investor, and an entrepreneur. She worked on deals ranging from $100K to $500M and on company sizes from green field business plans to $1B revenues/ $100M net income companies.
Since 2015, Khadija has set up IFS advisory through which she advises founders of startups in technology about strategy and fundraising. The main sectors she has worked on are FinTech, EdTech, HealthTech, PropTech, and E-commerce.
Throughout her career, Khadija worked for and co-advised with leading investment banks such as UBS, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Credit Suisse, Barclays, and Banque Populaire. She supplied investment targets to Carlyle, KKR, InvestCorp and Standard Chartered. She worked on secondary offerings of prominent unicorns such as Lyft, Flipkart, Spotify, and Dropbox.
Khadija is a Fulbright scholar. She received her MBA from Oklahoma State University and her Master of Science in Finance from Boston College. She is Summa Cum Laude in Finance and Beta Gamma Sigma honor society member. She passed CFA level 2 and is fluent in Arabic, French and English.
About The Balance and Dotdash
The Balance makes personal finance easy to understand. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on managing your money. Whether you’re looking to invest, buy a home, save for retirement, or achieve another financial goal, The Balance will answer your questions with straightforward personal financial advice.
The Balance is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.