- Author of articles appearing in dozens of regional and national publications, including Bloomberg Businessweek, the Chicago Tribune, Consumers Digest, Fiscal Times, Fortune.com, Houston Chronicle, Newark Star-Ledger, New York Times, Money, MSN Money, Parade, Slate, USA Today's magazine group, Washington Parent, Washington Post Magazine, and Working Mother.
- Covered Wall Street deal-making, farm policy, parenting, the White House, media and technology regulation, and Congress.
- Active in the Asian American Journalists Association and the American Society of Journalists and Authors.
- Responsible for the editorial vision, content, and management of CurrentMom.com and its writers, as well as event programming.
Katherine Reynolds Lewis is a former writer for The Balance specializing in working moms. She contributed content for more than six years.
She has over 20 years' experience as a journalist and is currently an independent writer and editor focused on money, work and family. She's contributed to
Lewis is the founder of CurrentMom.com.
She graduated with honors from Harvard University (AB) with a degree in physics, earning the Elizabeth Cary Agassiz and Harvard College Awards for Academic Merit in each of her years there.
In her last staff position, Lewis served as the national correspondent for Newhouse News Service. She previously worked for Bloomberg News and the Bond Buyer, a municipal bond industry publication based in New York City.
Lewis also wrote movie reviews for Inside Out Film.
Awards and Publications
- Author of "The Good News About Bad Behavior: Why Kids Are Less Disciplined Than Ever and What to Do About It"
- Lewis' freelance articles have been recognized by the Society of Professional Journalists' Dateline Awards and the Society of American Business Editors and Writers' Best in Business award.
Lewis is a certified parent educator with the Parent Encouragement Program.
About The Balance and Dotdash
The Balance makes personal finance easy to understand. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on managing your money. Whether you’re looking to invest, buy a home, save for retirement, or achieve another financial goal, The Balance will answer your questions with straightforward personal financial advice.
The Balance is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.