July's "National Month" Events
How Businesses Can Celebrate During July
If you live in the United States you know what the Fourth of July means to the country. Each year, from coast-to-coast, millions of people set off fireworks and come together for outdoor picnics to celebrate America's independence. But business owners selling American flags and lawn chairs don't have to limit themselves to July 4th promotions when there are other ways to celebrate July as a business owner.
In addition to businesses (from major corporations to mom and pop shops), numerous worthwhile organizations and special interest groups establish a promotion during a calendar month to get their name and message out there. In fact, the U.S. is particularly prolific at creating "national month" events to promote a business or cause.
The Different Ways to Celebrate July
July is a great time to observe or launch a month-long campaign to honor bereaving parents, celebrate your child or someone else's or promote social wellness. You might even share your best recipes online, or launch a new cookbook in honor of July's "Lasagna Awareness Month."
Some events may seem so silly they diminish the importance of other events, but they are important to someone and worth considering. Coupons, discounts, donations, TV and radio appearances are all ways to help a cause or sell a product, but even sharing a ribbon, badge, pin or blogging about something shows you (and by extension, your business) care and are connected.
Events Observed Every Year in July
- Air-Conditioning Appreciation Days
- Bereaved Parents Month
- Bioterrorism/Disaster Education and Awareness Month
- Blueberries Month
- Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- Family Reunion Month
- Hemochromatosis Screening Awareness Month
- Herbal/Prescription Awareness Month
- International Blondie and Deborah Harry Month
- International Group B Strep Awareness Month
- Lasagna Awareness Month
- National Baked Bean Month
- National Child-Centered Divorce Month
- National Culinary Arts Month
- National Doghouse Repairs Month
- National Grilling Month
- National Horseradish Month
- National Hot Dog Month
- National Ice Cream Month
- National Make a Difference to Children Month
- National Pickle Month
- National Picnic Month
- National Recreation and Parks Month
- National Share A Sunset With Your Lover Month
- National Wheelchair Beautification Month
- Sandwich Generation Month (To commemorate the special needs of people caring for multiple generations, some state, and local governments have proclaimed July as Sandwich Generation Month.)
- Smart Irrigation Month
- Social Wellness Month
- Tour de France Month
- Women's Motorcycle Month
Is there a way your business can benefit by promoting itself during July? Try working social networks first. Get out the word that you care about a cause, group or issue; it will help you connect with your customers and clients, and you may just learn something new in the process.