- A private practice estate planning attorney for 18 years before entering the financial services industry as a senior trust officer at BMO Wealth Management in Naples, Florida
- Began practicing law in the Washington, D.C. area in 1995 and moved into banking in January 2014
- Received J.D. from Duquesne University School of Law, and has a bachelor's in biology from Allegheny College
Julie Ann Garber is a former writer for The Balance, covering estate planning issues for more than seven years.
She has been quoted in The New York Times, the New York Post, Consumer Reports, Insurance News Net Magazine, and many other publications.
Publications and Awards
- Co-author of "Estate Planning Strategies: Collective Wisdom, Proven Techniques"
- Co-author of "Estate Planning Client Strategies: Leading Lawyers on Understanding the Client's Goals, Using Trusts Effectively, and Planning in a Changing Economic Climate"
- Co-author of "Advising the Elderly Client"
- Co-author of "The Pocket Guide to Estates & Trusts"
Garber attended Duquesne University School of Law in Pittsburgh and received her J.D. in 1994. She was admitted to the bar to practice law in Pennsylvania in 1994, in Maryland in 1995, and in Florida in 2002.
Garber also attended Allegheny College and received her bachelor's degree in biology in 1988. She graduated magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa.
About The Balance and Dotdash
The Balance makes personal finance easy to understand. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on managing your money. Whether you’re looking to invest, buy a home, save for retirement, or achieve another financial goal, The Balance will answer your questions with straightforward personal financial advice.
The Balance is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.