- More than a decade of writing and editing experience
- 7+ years writing and editing articles on financial topics, including mortgages, credit cards, and other consumer credit products
- Has written for publications in the United States, Finland and Spain
J.R. Duren is a terms editor at The Balance, a role in which he focuses on publishing articles that provide clear answers for common questions about personal finance and small business.
J.R. has worked as a full-time and freelance editor consumer-focused websites including LendingTree and HighYa.com. He began his career as a marketing writer and transition to role reporting role at The Villages Daily Sun, where he covered community news and health for two years. Over the years, his writing and reporting has been featured on Glassdoor.com, Homes.com, and H&R Block.
J.R. was born in San Diego and now lives in Jacksonville with his wife and two children.
- Bachelor of Arts, English, San Diego State University
- Master of Divinity, Bethel Seminary
- Bachelor of Religious Studies, Southern California Bible College