- Strong advocate for single moms and dads
- PCI Certified Parent Coach
- Develops and facilitates ongoing parent education programs
Jennifer Wolf is a former writer for The Balance covering single parenting and the financial and legal issues surrounding it. She is a PCI Certified Parent Coach and a strong advocate for single moms and dads. Through writing, speaking, and individual coaching, Jennifer aims to provide ongoing support and encouragement to solo parents around challenges such as:
- Raising children without a partner
- Collaborating with a coparent
- Being an active non-custodial parent
- Dealing with legal issues, such as child support, custody, and visitation
- Handing your own finances as a single parent
- Finding the time to take care of yourself
Jennifer has been an advocate for single parents since 2004, when she began teaching parenting classes through a program called "PEACH" in Hunterdon County, NJ. In that capacity, Jennifer had the opportunity to support many single moms and dads who were referred to her classes through the family court system.
Since then, Jennifer has been honored to support single moms and dads though through one-on-one parent coaching, and by helping other organizations develop and facilitate ongoing parent education programs.
Jennifer also wrote and taught an online parenting class for Cengage Learning called Managing Life as a Single Parent. Part of the company's ed2go curriculum, the six-week course was offered through community colleges and public libraries throughout the United States.
Jennifer earned her parent coach certification through The Parent Coaching Institute, which offers a graduate-level training program in conjunction with Seattle Pacific University's Graduate School of Education.