- Janet Hunt has been working in and writing about the insurance industry for over 20 years
- Her career has spanned from customer service and personal lines of insurance to covering insurance industry trends and reviewing insurance companies
- Janet has been the Insurance Companies Expert for The Balance (and prior to that, About.com) since 2012
- She has written insurance articles for a number of online publications including The Houston Chronicle
- She received her Property and Casualty license from the Insurance Specialty Training Institute of Louisiana
Janet began her career at a local GEICO branch as a customer service representative, selling personal lines insurance. She now focuses on covering insurance industry news, researching and reviewing insurance companies, and writing about other insurance industry topics. In addition to her work for The Balance, Janet has written insurance articles for a number of top online publications, including The Houston Chronicle.
Janet received her Property and Casualty license in 1995 after attending Insurance Specialty Training Institute of Louisiana. She also has a B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Phoenix, and she keeps on top of the latest insurance industry news, trends and regulations through continuing education classes about insurance.
About The Balance and Dotdash
The Balance makes personal finance easy to understand. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on managing your money. Whether you’re looking to invest, buy a home, save for retirement, or achieve another financial goal, The Balance will answer your questions with straightforward personal financial advice.
The Balance is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.