- Currently involved in following and investing in startup blockchain companies
- Runs TheBitcoinist.com and Safe4Retirement.com
- RetireMentor on Marketwatch.com
Jack Tatar is a former writer for The Balance covering investing and particularly bitcoin. He's written extensively on retirement and about his experience seeking a retirement-based investment in bitcoin.
He was a licensed financial advisor for many years with a large wire house wealth management firm, as well as Managing Partner with Doyle Capital Management.
Tatar is also the founder and CEO of GEM Research Solutions.
Publications and Awards
- Author of one of the first books written about Bitcoin, "What's the Deal with Bitcoins?"
- Author of "Retire Safely" and "Having the Talk: Family Guide to Discussing Later Life Issues"
- Co-author of Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investor's Guide to Bitcoin and Beyond"
Tatar has a BA in Economics from Stony Brook University and an MBA from Pepperdine University. He's also a Certified Digital Currency Professional through the Digital Currency Council.
About The Balance and Dotdash
The Balance makes personal finance easy to understand. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on managing your money. Whether you’re looking to invest, buy a home, save for retirement, or achieve another financial goal, The Balance will answer your questions with straightforward personal financial advice.
The Balance is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.