Internships With the Ford Foundation
Seeking College Students Interested in Social Change
The more than 75 years The Ford Foundation has worked hard to create social change worldwide as it follows its mission to strengthen democratic values, reduce poverty and injustice, increase international cooperation, and advance human achievement for those around the world.
The Ford Foundation Internship Program is open to students from all majors that possess different career goals and aspirations.
Students participating in the internship program are given various assignments while completing a rich learning experience and a chance to learn from professionals in the field. Some skills that students may gain will include administrative experience, analytical, research and project support. Also, students will get an opportunity to attend weekly learning sessions, including a chance to meet with senior Foundation staff members. At these meetings, students will get a chance to learn proper business etiquette and be able to network and discuss how to begin the career planning process.
Duration of the Program
Each program runs for 11 weeks. Each year the program runs from mid-June to mid-August.
There may be positions available in the following grant-making programs:
- Democracy, Rights, and Justice
- Economic Opportunity and Assets
- Education, Creativity and Free Expression
Additional positions may also be available in other departments throughout the Foundation:
- Facilities Management
- Financial Services
- Human Resources
- Information Management
- Information Technology
- Legal Services
- Program Services
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduates entering junior or senior year
- From the New York tri-state area
- Receiving needs-based financial aid
- Maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated leadership and an interest in social justice via coursework or extracurricular activity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work a 35-hour week
- Interest in the work of nonprofit organizations and foundations
To apply, all candidates must submit their resume and cover letter outlining their interest in the Ford Foundation Internship Program. Applicants should also include what they hope to gain from this internship experience.