Grundy Worldwide Collector Vehicle Insurance is a division of Philadelphia Insurance Companies (PHLY). Philadelphia Insurance was founded in 1962. It markets and underwrites commercial property & casualty, personal lines, and professional liability insurance and serves niche services and markets such as classic car insurance.
Financial Strength and Customer Service
PHLY has an “A++” superior rating through AM Best. Standard & Poor’s gives it an “A+” rating. Ward’s Top 50 has recognized for its achievement in the areas of financial strength, claims, and favorable underwriting results.
Better Business Bureau Rating
While there is no BBB file for Grundy, its parent company, PHLY, has a file with the BBB that opened in 1996. It has been accredited since 2014 and has an “A+” rating. The company scores a 1.50 out of 5 stars based on 15 reviews. There are 20 total client complaints, mainly for problems with product/service and billing and collection issues. This is a low number of filed complaints for a large firm to have on file.
To buy a classic auto policy through Grundy, drivers must have no more than two moving violations and no DUI in the past five years. Grundy Worldwide insures these types of classic vehicles:
- Muscle Cars
- Sports Cars
- Station Wagons
- Street Rods
- Custom Cars
- Kit Cars
- Vintage Motorcycles
- Horseless Carriages
- Light Trucks
- Fire Engines
- Steam Autos
Key Benefits and Service Features
Grundy Worldwide offers a good amount of plans for the unique way you use or drive your classic vehicle with these key features:
- Agreed Value: This option allows you to decide the value of your car ahead of time. In the event of a total loss, you will receive a payout of this amount with zero deductible in most states.
- High Liability Limits: You can insure your collector's car for up to $1,000,000.
- No Mileage Limits: You can use your vehicle in collector activities, exhibits, and parades without any mileage limits.
- Automatic Coverage: You will be covered right away for new vehicles.
- Towing and Labor Costs: Towing and labor costs are paid up to $250 per occurrence.
- Spare Parts: Plans pay up to $500 for direct or accidental loss to spare parts for a covered auto.
- Trip Interruption: Pays up to $600 for travel expenses due to an accident or a breakdown for a covered vehicle.
- Auto Show Medical Reimbursement: All drivers can get the auto show medical reimbursement.
- In-house Claims Handling: In-house claims experts handle each claim.
- Repair Shop of Your Choice: You don't have to choose a repair shop on a list. You have your choice of repair shops and may choose any shop you like.
Pros and Cons
Grundy Worldwide is a well-known name in classic car insurance and has been in business since 1947. The company has top-notch financial strength and many plan options for the unique needs of classic and antique vehicles.
Grundy has made a name for itself in helping clients protect their classic cars and is a good option to think about when you are shopping for the best value on insurance for classic auto insurance. Most plans offer a zero deductible option.
If you are looking for other types of plans rather than just the standard collector vehicle policy, Grundy also offers plans for yachts along with homeowners and personal excess liability insurance. It also has commercial policies available for classic car restorers, dealers, and museums that house rare cars.
A classic car policy can only be bought with payment of the full yearly premium. In other words, you won't find an installment plan or a partial payment option. If you have more than two moving violations, a DUI, or have multiple accidents, you may not be able to get a plan through Grundy.
To find out more about Grundy Classic Car plans, be sure to visit the official Grundy Worldwide Website.