- More than 30 years of experience as a financial writer and journalist
- Specializes in writing about consumer banking, credit cards, mortgages among others
- Spent 16 years authoring research reports about the real estate market
- Work appears in American Banker, Bankaholic.com, National Mortgage News, Mortgage Banking and more
- Spent a decade as a reporter for Bond Buyer and managing editor of newsletters for American Banker
George Yacik is a former journalist and financial writer with more than 30 years of experience. He specializes in writing about personal finance with a focus on consumer banking, credit cards, mortgages, home equity loans, payday lending, and personal bankruptcy.
In addition to The Balance, his work appears in a large number of notable financial publications, including American Banker, Interest.com, Bankaholic.com, National Mortgage News, Mortgage Banking magazine, Wright Investors Service, and ino.com.
George has worked as a consulting and contributing writer with some of the largest credit card and consumer lending companies in the U.S. and Canada. He also spent 16 years as a vice president at a real estate research firm where he authored industry reports. Prior to that, George was a reporter for the Bond Buyer and a managing editor of newsletters for American Banker for nearly a decade.
Yacik has a bachelor's degree in English/journalism from Rutgers University and a graduate certificate in financial management from Sacred Heart University.