GEICO Motorcycle Insurance Policy Review
GEICO is the acronym for Government Employees Insurance Company. GEICO has a long-standing reputation for providing excellent insurance products and coverage to military members but also to the general public. The company has an “A++ Superior” rating with A.M. Best insurance rating organization and has been providing insurance since 1936. In the early days, founder Leo Goodwin launched the company with the concept of providing affordable auto insurance to government employees. From these humble beginnings, GEICO has grown to be the third largest auto insurer in the United States. In 1978, GEICO began offering motorcycle insurance and has become one of the leading providers of motorcycle insurance in the country.
- Accessories – GEICO’s accessories coverage gives you protection for all your extra motorcycle accessories including CB radios, helmets, backrests, seats, saddlebags and chrome pieces. You must have either comprehensive or collision on your motorcycle policy for the accessories coverage to apply.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage – Coverage for liability in an accident where another person is injured or killed.
- Collision – This is an coverage for an accident involving a collision with another vehicle to pay for damages to your motorcycle.
- Comprehensive – Comprehensive covers most other categories of loss other than a collision such as fire, theft, and vandalism.
- Medical Payments, PIP (Personal Injury Protection) and No-fault – This coverage pays for injuries to yourself or passengers in the event you have a motorcycle accident. Property Damage Liability
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist – Protection for you if the person at fault in the accident does not have insurance or does not have enough insurance to adequately cover damage and injuries resulting from the accident.
GEICO offers motorcycle policies several convenient payment options to fit within each budget and pay schedule. Payment methods accepted include pay-by-phone, credit cards, debit cards, automatic installments, direct checks, personal checks, online payments, money orders, electronic funds transfer (EFT) and Interactive Voice Response (IVR). You can also choose to receive your statements electronically rather than having a paper bill mailed to you. Here are the types of payment options available:
- Full Payment
- Monthly Payments
You can maximize savings on your GEICO motorcycle insurance policy by utilizing these discount options:
- Car Insurance Discount – For policyholders who already have an auto insurance policy through GEICO, you will receive an additional 5% discount for adding your motorcycle to your existing policy.
- Mature Riders – Older or mature riders can receive an added 10% discount as these “veteran” motorcycle riders are considered to be less of a risk than younger drivers.
- Multiple Motorcycle – If you insure more than one motorcycle through GEICO, you receive an added discount of 10%.
- Renewal Discount – Renewing your motorcycle policy with GEICO earns you an added 10% discount.
- Motorcycle Safety Course Discount – A 10% discount is available to motorcycle policyholders who have completed a
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation or Military Safety course. For safety course instructors, this discount goes up to 20%.
- Transfer Discount – GEICO will pay you to switch your motorcycle insurance by giving you an added 10% transfer discount.
Claims reporting with your GEICO motorcycle policy is fast and easy. You can report a claim 24/7 online through the GEICO website or the GEICO mobile app. Make sure to have your policy number nearby when reporting a claim.
The Pros & Cons
- GEICO offers many convenient payment plans and payment options
- Financially stable with A.M. Best highest rating of “A++ Superior.”
- Competitive rates and discounts
- You can receive a quote and bind coverage online buying direct without dealing with an agent.
- Superior record of customer service.
- If you prefer a local agent, you may not get the type of service you were expecting. While GEICO does have local offices, policy servicing is handled through the company’s website or by phone since GEICO is a direct insurance writer, meaning it does not have local independent agents who represent it.
- Not all discounts are available in every state.
For more information about GEICO Insurance and obtaining a quote for motorcycle insurance, you can visit the GEICO website or -800-442-9253. You can also email any questions through the contact us feature on the website. If you are looking for a local GEICO agent, you can use the agent locator on the website.