Funny Quotes About Jobs and Unemployment
Quotable Quotes for the Jobseeker With a Sense of Humor
Unemployment isn't a funny matter for the economy or the millions of unemployed jobseekers around the world, but that doesn't mean that those who are out of work have completely lost their senses of humor. Sometimes a fun or funny quote about not working or even underemployment is just the thing to prompt a much-needed smile and offer a refreshing pause in the middle of all the stress.
Laughing in the face of adversity might be an effective strategy to keep the unemployed sane throughout their seemingly never-ending job-seeking quest.
Here's a collection of fun and funny quotable quotes about jobs, unemployment, working, and not working.
Fun and Funny Quotations from Famous People About Working and Unemployment
- "An acceptable level of unemployment means that the government economist to whom it is acceptable still has a job." Author Unknown
- "It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it's a depression when you lose yours." Harry S. Truman
- "The closest to perfection a person ever comes is when he fills out a job application form." Stanley J. Randall
- "Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders." Ronald Reagan
- "Collecting unemployment is the new 30." Author Unknown
- "When we're unemployed, we're called lazy; when the whites are unemployed it's called a depression." Jesse Jackson
- "Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished." Leslie Nielsen
- "Monday is a lame way to spend 1/7 of your life." Anonymous
- "Now joblessness isn't just for philosophy majors." Kent Brockman
- "We pretend to work because they pretend to pay us." Author Unknown
- "A mission statement is a dense slab of words that a large organization produces when it needs to establish that its workers are not just sitting around downloading Internet porn." Dave Barry
- "The number one sign you have nothing to do at work: The 4th Division of Paperclips has overrun the Pushpin Infantry and General White-Out has called for a new skirmish." Fred Barling in "Humorscope"
- "Should any political party attempt to abolish Social Security and unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." Dwight D. Eisenhower
- "The trouble with unemployment is that the minute you wake up in the morning you're on the job." Slappy White
- "I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early." Charles Lamb
- “By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.” Robert Frost
- “Unemployment is capitalism's way of getting you to plant a garden." Orson Scott Card
- "The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work." Robert Frost
- "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." Robert Orben
- "Unemployment has given me time to pursue real skills that will help further my non-existent career." Author Unknown
- "One of the main perks of being unemployed is that Mondays aren't really so bad." Author Unknown
- "What do you call a person who is happy on a Monday? Unemployed!" Author Unknown
- "Hate Mondays? Try unemployment!" Author Unknown