Free Resume Templates for Microsoft Word
Using a free resume template in Microsoft Word will save you hours creating a resume from scratch and many of them provide helpful hints in writing the perfect resume.
The free resume templates are extremely easy to use. You'll just need to open them in Microsoft Word or a free word processor and use them like any other free Word template by customizing it with your own information.
There are many types of free resume templates here including general, customer service, technical, and medical resumes.
They'll vary in design and sometimes in format, but all the templates will help you create that resume that will get you hired.
Note: Some of these resume templates will need to be opened with a free file extractor before they can be opened in Microsoft Word.
These free resume templates can be used for any job application as there aren't any career-specific sections, images, or titles.
- Basic Resume Template - This resume has an area for contact information at the top and a nicely organized section for an objective, skills, and experience section, among others.
- Simple Design - A side panel for your contact information and recent job information.
- Blue Stripe (direct link)- Has a blue heading text color and blue stripe across the top of the template, information in the footer, and a centered body.
- Equity Theme Resume - Multicolored heading with rounded edges.
- Traditional Design - A template with your name and other personal details at the very top of the page.
- Colored Side Panel - A large colored strip on the right side with your name and contact details. Available in six different colors.
- Chronological - Shows work experience in chronological order within a blue design.
- Left Aligned (direct link) - Everything in this template is aligned to the left of the page and it has one line for personal details near the top.
- Modern Design - Resume details are centered and contact information is displayed on the top right.
- College Student - An organized template that has all your contact information in a small area at the top right.
- Rounded Headings - Has a place for an image next to the personal details section in the header, as well as rounded edges surrounding the title of each section of the resume.
- Functional Resume 1 - Everything is left aligned, with your name being the largest at the top followed by your personal information.
- Functional Resume 2 - Purple stripe across the top, with your name and other personal details surrounding the header.
- Photo Resume - Has a section for an image on the top left, with a colored heading and subheading.
- Smooth Design - Available in six colors, this template is easy to read, highlights the job position, and is aligned to the left with personal details in the upper right portion of the heading.
- Centered (direct link) - This template centers the heading and whole resume body, includes a summary paragraph below the heading, and has large section titles.
- College Graduate Functional Resume - Has a section for a summary of your skills, followed by your education and accomplishments.
- Multi-Colored - Your image goes in the upper right corner with each section of the resume titled with a unique background color.
- Education Emphasis - Very simple design aligned to the left of the page with a summary and education section.
- Centered Picture - Contact details in the header on top of one of six color options and an image of your face in the direct center.
- Apothecary Design - Gray bordered template with an area focused on your contact information and the option to add an image near the header.
- College Resume - Plain and simple resume with all the necessary categories.
- Essential Design - Large title for your name with a color stripe down the right side.
Note: Below are more resume templates that can be used for any job application. These must first be opened in Google Docs and then downloaded in the Microsoft Word format from the File menu.
- Generic Resume - Has a colored box on the top left with your contact details listed out on the side of resume.
- Initials - Standard resume with a large box that has your initials in it.
- Traditional - Very nice looking, with a slightly darker color in the background than in the area with the text.
- Creative - Sections of this template are split up into categories on both the left and right side of the resume for a more condensed template.
A few resume templates for customer service jobs, each with similar details but different layouts.
- Customer Service 1 - Centered heading and left aligned past experience sections.
- Customer Service 2 - Heading and body of the template are centered across the whole page, with a summary section near the top.
- Customer Service 3 - Personal information in the header is left aligned with a summary, achievements, and employment section with list items in each.
Her are some free resume templates for technology-centered jobs.
- Technical Support Analyst - Centered summary section and heading with a section for technical skills section and professional experience.
- General IT (direct link) - Centered heading and highlights your key strengths at the top by listing them out.
- Graphic Design - Easy to ready layout with a definite focus on your strengths and professional skills.
- Computer Programmer - Simple design with a section for computer skills and a summary of your experience.
These resume templates are designed typically for applying for a position in the medical field.
- Registered Nurse Resume - A single page, black and white resume with a simple design.
- Nursing Quickstart Resume - Ideal for a college student, with a heading that separates the campus address and other details from the home information.
- Medical Assistant Resume 1 - An easy to read and clear template organized with education details on the top.
- Medical Assistant Resume 2 - Black and white template with a definite separation between the content and heading.