Just about anyone can benefit from the FNBO Evergreen Rewards Visa Card as long as you pay off your bill in full each month. If you're looking to keep things simple and just have one card that you use for everything, the FNBO Evergreen Rewards Visa Card is one of the few cash-back cards that offers a 2% rewards rate.
If you've got a big purchase that you're looking to finance and can pay it off before a year is up, the card might also be a good choice. That’s because you won't owe any interest in the first 12 months and you'll still earn the 2% cash back on your big purchase.
If you're the type to maximize your earnings with multiple cards, the FNBO Evergreen Rewards Visa Card can provide a high baseline of cash back for any purchase you can't put on your higher-earning cards.
Simple rewards structure
0% APR for 12 months
No welcome bonus
Foreign transaction fee
Reward redemptions in $25 increments
Few ancillary perks
- Simple rewards structure: There aren't any categories to worry about or earnings tiers to track. You get a 2% back, no matter the purchase category.
- 0% APR for 12 months: You won't pay any interest on purchases or balance transfers for the first year.
- No welcome bonus: Other cards offer a welcome bonus for spending a certain amount of money, usually within the first three months.
- Foreign transaction fee: This card might be better left at home if you head abroad, otherwise you'll pay a 3% transaction fee on every purchase.
- Reward redemptions in $25 increments: You can redeem your rewards as a statement credit, direct deposit into your bank account, or a check. However, you can only redeem them in $25 increments.
- Few ancillary perks: Most other cards also offer a plethora of minor rewards, such as car rental damage waivers or extended warranties. This card, by contrast, doesn't offer as many valuable perks as other cards.
Earning Points & Rewards
Earning rewards with the FNBO Evergreen Rewards Visa Card is simple. There are no categories to track and no rewards limits on certain categories.
You'll earn 2% on every purchase with no limits. That means for every $10,000 you spend on your card, for example, you'll earn $200 in cash back. Many other flat-rate rewards cards, in comparison, only offer 1.5% cash back, or $150 per $10,000 spent.
Redeeming your rewards is also as easy as earning them. The best way to redeem your rewards is for cash, which you can request in three different ways: as a check, statement credit, or a deposit into your bank account. You can only redeem your rewards in $25 increments, meaning you'll need to spend $1,250 before you can redeem anything.
You can also redeem your rewards for gift cards or merchandise, although it's important to point out that these redemption options generally offer lower redemption value. For example, you may have to use $60 in rewards to pay for a $50 gift card, or $100 rewards for merchandise that costs $80.
The goal of savvy credit-card use is to redeem your rewards for the highest rate possible, so avoid any redemption options that give you less than a 1 point to 1 cent redemption rate.
How to Get the Most Out of This Card
You can maximize your rewards by pairing the card up with another card that offers more cash back in areas you frequently spend in, such as travel or dining out. Those cards will earn a higher rewards rate on specific categories, while the FNBO Evergreen Rewards Visa Card generates solid rewards for all other purchases that would earn lower rewards rates from your other cards.
FNBO Evergreen Rewards Visa Card's Other Features
- Roadside assistance hotline
First National Bank of Omaha offers a mobile app and complimentary monthly access to your FICO credit score, two perks common among credit card issuers.
The FNBO Evergreen Rewards Visa Card offers industry-standard security features including fraud alerts and zero-liability against fraudulent purchases.
FNBO Evergreen Rewards Visa Card's Fees
Keep in mind that this card charges a 3% foreign transaction fee. If you travel frequently, make sure you have at least one other card in your wallet without this fee.