Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions
MOS 6212 -- Fixed-Wing Aircraft Mechanic, AV-8/TAV-S
Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: GySgt to Pvt
Job Description: Fixed-Wing aircraft mechanics, AV-S/TAV-8; inspect and maintain aircraft airframes and airframe components and perform duties relating to flight line operations.
(1) Must possess an MM score of 105 or higher.
(2) Must have normal vision.
(3) For career progression, the Plane Captain (PC) Ground Syllabus Familiarization for AV-8/TAV-8 aircraft must be completed.
(4) Complete the appropriate formal "A" school, Aviation Machinist Mate Common Core Class at NATTC, NAS Pensacola, FL and Aviation Machinist Mate Turbojet Aircraft Fundamentals Strand Class Al at NATTC NAS Pensacola, FL.
(5) Complete the appropriate formal "C" school, AV-8 Aircraft mechanic Organizational Maintenance at CNATT MAR Unit, MCAS Cherry Point, NC.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO P4790.20, Maintenance Training Management and Evaluation Programs (MATMEP) for MOS 6212.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Airframe-and-Power-Plant Mechanic 621.281-014.
(2) Supervisor. Aircraft Maintenance 621.131-014.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Fixed-Wing Aircraft Power Plants Mechanic, 6222.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3