- Nominated as a founding member of its Real Estate Certificate Institute (RECI) by The California Association of REALTORS®
- Received Outstanding Life Member of the Master's Club, an honor bestowed by the Sacramento Board of REALTORS®
- Served as president of Equity Enhancement, handling staging and resale remodels for tough-to-sell homes
Elizabeth Weintraub is a former writer for The Balance. She has an extensive background in real estate spanning more than 40 years, including experience in related industries such as title and escrow. Weintruab began in the real estate business in 1974 as a title searcher at First American Title in Boulder, Colorado. After moving to Newport Beach, California, she became an escrow officer in 1976 and advanced to certified status as designated by the California Escrow Association.
Weintraub obtained her real estate broker's license in 1979. She bought the company she worked for and opened branch offices of Real Estate of America in Orange County.
Elizabeth received a Certificate in Real Estate and a Certificate in Escrow from Orange Coast College.
The California Association of REALTORS® nominated Elizabeth as a founding member of its Real Estate Certificate Institute (RECI) in 1979 for completing 16 college courses in real estate. She has more than 600 hours of real estate education.Awards and Publications
- Author of "The Short Sale Savior: How to Turn Your Upside Down Mortgage Right Side Up"
- #1 Agent Lyon Real Estate Downtown: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017
- Top 1 Percent Lyon Agents: 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016
About The Balance and Dotdash
The Balance makes personal finance easy to understand. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on managing your money. Whether you’re looking to invest, buy a home, save for retirement, or achieve another financial goal, The Balance will answer your questions with straightforward personal financial advice.
The Balance is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.