Country Insurance Homeowner's Policy Review
For your homeowner's insurance needs, you need a company you can depend on when you suffer home or property losses. One company with an excellent reputation for customer service, claims service and financial stability is Country Insurance. Country Insurance, also known as Country Financial or Country Insurance and Financial Services has been in business since 1925. It was founded by members of the Illinois agricultural industry to provide fire and lightening insurance to farmers. From its early beginnings, the company has expanded its product lines to include homeowner's insurance, renter's insurance, auto insurance, commercial insurance, farm and ranch insurance, disability insurance, commercial insurance, annuities, mutual funds and other financial services.
Country Financial is headquartered in Bloomington, Illinois with over 2,000 employees. Regional offices include: Salem, Oregon; Arden Hills, Minnesota, Alpharetta, Georgia, Salem, Massachusetts and Middletown, Connecticut. The organization is a Fortune 1000 Company with yearly revenue of over $3 billion and services clients in 14 states. Kurt Bock is the company's CEO. Country Financial participates in many community outreach programs including Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, YWCA, YMCA, Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago and Habitat for Humanity.
Financial Strength and Customer Satisfaction
Country Insurance is financially sound. You can trust that the company will be around when you need it. Country Insurance has an A+ (Superior) rating from A.M. Best. Weiss Ratings gives Country Life Insurance an A+ rating, while Country Mutual has a B+ rating. TheStreet.com, an independent rating agency, gives Country Financial an A+ rating and Country Mutual an A rating. According to a customer survey by Insure.com, 97 percent of homeowner’s insurance customers plan on renewing their coverage.
The company also had an overall customer satisfaction rate of over 90 percent.
Country Insurance offers a homeowner's policy to customers in 14 states (Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Washington, and Wisconsin. COUNTRY Mutual is also licensed and operating in Idaho.) The policy offers liability protection with coverage limits of up to $1 million. You can also add optional liability coverage for recreational vehicles, an in-home business or a rental dwelling. There is an additional fee to add on this optional coverage.
There is also a Med-Pay coverage of up to $25,000.
For the property portion, you have three options with your Country Insurance homeowner's policy:
- Premier Coverage: Offers coverage for home and personal properties for all covered direct losses that are not specifically excluded from the policy. This policy covers things that the basic policy does not coverage such as damages caused by power surge, paint spillage and countertop burns.
- Broad Form Coverage: With this policy you receive benefits paid for losses listed in the policy. Covered losses include fire, lightening, windstorm, hail, vandalism and theft.
- Combination Coverage: This is a combined policy that offers greater coverage for both your home and personal property. You should contact a Country Insurance agent for more specific details about what coverage this option provides.
There are some other options available for additional cost including personal umbrella coverage, identity theft coverage, jewelry coverage, watercraft coverage, recreational motor vehicle coverage and replacement cost coverage.
Several attractive homeowner's insurance discounts are available on the homeowner's policy. Availability varies by state, so check with a Country Insurance Agent to see if the discount applies in your state.
- Multi-Policy Discount: If you have another policy with Country Insurance including auto, life, home or disability insurance, you will receive a discount for your homeowner's policy.
- Alarm Credit: A discount available to homeowners who have fire alarms, extinguishers, smoke detectors, burglar alarms and deadbolt locks.
- Age of Wiring Discount: This discount applies if you have newer wiring in your home. This discount in not available for Alabama, Georgia or Tennessee residents.
- Safe Heat Discount: If you do not have a wood-burning unit or do have a built-in fireplace that doesn't have a fireplace insert, you qualify for the safe heating discount.
- Roof Discount: This discount is for homeowners with hail-resistant roofing. This discount only applies to residents of Colorado, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma.
Pros and Cons
- Financially Sound
- 24/7 Claims Service
- Several attractive homeowner’s insurance discounts
- Excellent customer service ratings
- Company only services clients in 14 states.
- Some homeowner’s insurance discounts are only available in a limited number of states.
Company Contact Information
For more information about Country Insurance’s homeowner’s policy, other insurance products or to receive a quote, you can visit the Country Insurance website or call 1-866-COUNTRY (1-866-268-6879).