Combined Insurance Company Review
Combined Insurance is a leading U.S. provider of supplemental insurance for individuals and families. It is now a part of Chubb, one of the largest publicly traded property and casualty insurers. The company has over $5 million supplemental insurance policies and $5 billion life insurance policies in force in North America. From the company website, Combined Insurance reports that it pays out almost half a billion in claims yearly or nearly $1 million every day.
Headquartered in Glenview, Illinois, Combined Insurance employs more than 5,000 worldwide. The company was founded in 1922 by W. Clement Stone. The current CEO is Brad Bennett. Combined Insurance has over $2 billion in total assets. Operations include offices in North America, Europe, Latin America and the Pacific.
Diversity in the workplace is an important part of Combined Insurance’s culture. It was named to Hispanic Network Magazine’s 2015 Best of the Bests Lists being recognized as a top diversity employer in the United States.
In addition, Victory Media included the company on its 2015 list of Top 100 Military Friendly Employers for its fourth consecutive year. Combined Insurance has a record of supporting the military through its hiring practices. Since launching its campaign in 2010, the company has hired more than 2,500 veterans and plans to hire another 2,800 over the next two years.
Financial Stability, Customer Service Ratings and Company Recognitions
Combined Insurance remains a financially stable force within the industry and has the following ratings from these insurance rating organizations :
Better Business Bureau Rating
The Better Business Bureau file for Combined Insurance Company was opened in 1954. It has been an accredited business since its file was first opened in1954. It has an “A+” rating with a total of 22 complaints over a three-year period. This is a relatively low complaint number for such a large organization.
The composite score of Combined Insurance Company is 3.86 out of 5 stars based on 22 customer reviews. There are a total of 56 customer complaints listed in the following categories: problems with product/service (34); guarantee-warranty issues (1); delivery issues (8); billing collection issues (10); and advertising/sales issues (3). Of the 56 listed complaints, 6 were resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.
Ward’s Top 50
In 2015, Combined Insurance was named to Ward Group’s Top 50 List for its sixth consecutive year.
- Disability Insurance: A disability supplemental insurance plan from Combined insurance can help you replace your regular income if you become disabled. The plan pays 50% of your normal benefits for a designated time period following the time when you become totally disabled. Coverage is guaranteed for ages 65 or 70 upon approval. Benefits are paid directly to you for up to two years.
- Accident Insurance: Combined Insurance’s supplemental accident policy offers immediate coverage upon issuance with benefits paid directly to you. There is no reduction of benefits for any claims made and you can keep your policy even if you change employers. Coverage is available for accidents and covered sicknesses.
- Supplemental Health Insurance: A supplemental health insurance plan can help you pay for health expenses when your regular health insurance policy leaves off including payment for loss of income and other every day expenses. Special plan options are available to help pay for critical illness care and cancer related expenses.
- Life Insurance: If your basic life insurance plan does not provide your family with the amount of protection they need once you are not there to take care of them, a supplemental life insurance policy can help fill that gap. Several supplemental life insurance plans are available through Combined Insurance which provides supplemental cash payments to your beneficiaries above the amount paid from your primary life insurance policy. This is an important coverage to help your family with final expenses, housing expenses and even replacement income.
- Medicare Supplemental Insurance: Medicare Supplemental Insurance policies available from Combined Insurance offer no pre-exiting condition limitations or waiting periods, the ability to choose your own doctors, no claim forms, choices of plan options and a toll-free customer service licensed representative to answer any questions.
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of supplemental insurance and is available across the United States. It has strong financial and customer service ratings.
If you are looking for a way to supplement your current life, accident, critical care, health insurance or Medicare plan; Combined Insurance is a good option to consider when shopping for the best value on an insurance policy.
Not all policy options are available in every state.
For more information on Combined Insurance’s products, to receive a quote or to find a local agent; you may visit the Combined Insurance website or call 1-800-490-1322.