Combined Insurance, now a part of Chubb, is a leading global provider of supplemental insurance for individuals and families. The company has more than five million supplemental insurance policies in North America alone. Its website reports that it pays out nearly a half-billion dollars in claims yearly, or nearly $1 million every day.
- Combined Insurance provides supplemental insurance policies for individuals and families.
- The policies Combine Insurance offers include disability, life, health, accident, and Medicare supplemental insurance.
- The company receives good ratings from insurance rating agencies.
- Combined Insurance is available throughout the U.S., but not all policy options are available in every state.
Combined Insurance Company History and Overview
Founded in 1922 by W. Clement Stone, Combined Insurance is headquartered in Glenview, Illinois, and now employs more than 5,000 people around the world. The company has more than $2 billion in total assets. Operations include offices in North America, Europe, Latin America, and the Pacific.
Diversity in the workplace is an important part of the company culture. Parent company Chubb was named to Hispanic Network Magazine’s 2021 Best of the Bests Lists as a top diversity employer in the United States.
In addition, Victory Media regularly includes Combined Insurance in its annual list of Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers for its veteran recruitment program.
Combined Insurance Products
The company provides policies that supplement disability, health care, and life insurance coverage.
- Disability Insurance: A disability supplemental insurance plan from Combined insurance can help you replace your regular income if you become disabled. The plan pays 50 percent of your normal benefits for a designated time period. Benefits are paid directly to you for up to two years.
- Accident Insurance: Combined Insurance’s supplemental accident policy offers immediate coverage upon issuance with benefits paid directly to you. There is no reduction of benefits for any claims made, and you can keep your policy even if you change employers. Coverage is available for accidents and covered sicknesses.
- Supplemental Health Insurance: A supplemental health insurance plan can help you pay for expenses not covered by a regular health insurance policy, such as loss of income and everyday expenses. Options are available for critical illness care and cancer-related expenses.
- Life Insurance: If your basic life insurance plan does not provide for your family adequately enough, a supplemental life insurance policy can help fill the gap. Several supplemental plans available through Combined Insurance provide cash payments to your beneficiaries above the amount paid from your primary life insurance policy. They can help with final expenses, housing expenses, and even replacement income.
- Medicare Supplemental Insurance: Medicare supplemental insurance policies available from Combined Insurance offer the freedom to choose your own doctors, no claim forms, choices of plan options, and toll-free customer service.
Industry Ratings and Reviews
Combined Insurance has been reviewed by some of the leading organizations for insurance and business ratings:
A.M. Best and S&P
Parent company Chubb remains a financially stable force within the industry and has the following ratings from these insurance rating organizations as of 2018:
Ward’s Top 50
In 2018, Chubb was named to Ward Group’s Top 50 List. This is an annual list of the top 50 insurance companies, based on an analysis of the financial performance of more than 3,700 insurance companies based in the U.S. The list is compiled by the Ward Group, an insurance industry services company.
Better Business Bureau Rating
The Better Business Bureau file for Combined Insurance Company was opened in 1954. As of 2018, it had the bureau's top “A+” rating. (The ratings are based on factors including the number of complaints received and the number of successful resolutions.) The composite score of Combined Insurance Company was 3.86 out of 5 stars based on 22 customer reviews.
The Pros and Cons of Choosing Combined Insurance
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of supplemental insurance and is available across the United States. It has strong financial and customer service ratings.
If you are looking for a way to supplement your current life, accident, critical care, health insurance, or Medicare plan, Combined Insurance is an excellent option to consider when shopping for the best value on an insurance policy.
However, not all policy options are available in every state. For more information on Combined Insurance’s products and availability, quotes, or local agents, check the Combined Insurance website.