Cincinnati Insurance Homeowner’s Policy Review
The security of your home and belongings is much too important to leave to chance. You need a homeowner’s insurance company with a proven record to protect you from losses caused by fire, weather or another catastrophe. Cincinnati Insurance has proven themselves as a strong insurance carrier you can rely on for your insurance needs. Cincinnati Insurance is in the 20th largest property and casualty insurance carrier in the United States based on direct written premium.
Cincinnati Insurance Company was founded in 1950 by four independent agents. The company is firmly rooted in its independent agent system with a network of independent agents in 39 states. The company is headquartered in Fairfield, Ohio and has over 3,000 employees nationwide. The CEO is Steven J. Johnston. In 2016, Cincinnati Financial Corporation jointed the Fortune 500 list.
Financial Strength and Customer Satisfaction
A.M. Best has placed the financial strength ratings of Cincinnati Insurance as A++ (Superior). Fitch Ratings gives Cincinnati Insurance as A+, Moody’s as A1 (Good) and Standard & Poor’s gives the company an A (Strong) rating. J.D Power & Associates rated Cincinnati Insurance as a top performer in the area of overall customer satisfaction.
Better Business Bureau Rating
Cincinnati Financial Corporation has been an accredited business by the Better Business Bureau since 1/1/1981 and has an "A+" rating. The company has a composite score of 3.68 out of 5 stars based on 3 customer reviews. The BBB only list a total of 14 customer complaints against the company which is relatively low for such a large organization. Of the 14 complaints, 3 were listed as billing/collection issues and 11 complaints were with products or services.
Cincinnati Insurance offers a variety of policy choices with its homeowner’s policy. In addition, you can also choose a condominium or tenants policy if needed. For all homeowner’s policies earthquake coverage is included (with the exception of Oregon). Golf carts are also covered on all policies. Here are the types of homeowner’s policies available:
- Executive Policy: The executive policy allows you to customize your coverage to fit your own unique living situation. The policy provides coverage for your home and other structures, personal property, legal liability for bodily injury or property damage to others and additional living expenses if you have to temporarily relocate because of a covered loss.
- Executive Classic Policy: The executive classic policy is for homes of high-value. You get the same coverage as the executive policy with some additional benefits. This policy will pay for a survey to be completed to establish the cost of reconstructing your home at today’s prices. You will also get your home rebuilt using materials of the same construction as your current building materials. There is no deductible for depreciation of contents. If someone fraudulently uses your identity, you have $25,000 available to cover legal expenses, paperwork and other expenses for restoring your credit. The executive classic homeowner’s policy will also cover water losses caused by back-up of sewers or drains.
There are some additional types of coverage you can add to your homeowner’s policy including:
- Residential Business: This is coverage for a business you operate out of your home such as photography, secretarial services, home products, crafts or music teachers. You get coverage for personal business property, business records, business interruption and liability coverage up to the policy limits.
- Professional Liability: Covers you for any legal liability because of an injury caused by professional services you provide. Some of the types of professional liability policies include coverage for dog groomers, social service workers, teachers, nurses, barber or beauty shops, ministers, opticians, EMTs and dental hygienists. The professional liability policy provides up to $200,000 per claim. If you choose, you can add a personal umbrella liability policy to extend the coverage to $1 million or greater.
- Identity Theft Expense Coverage and Advocacy Service Endorsement: This endorsement covers expenses to restore your identity if it is stolen. You receive personal assistance to correct your credit report, clear up any criminal charges and complete any other necessary paperwork. This is already included with the executive classic policy.
- Multiple Policy Discount
- New Home Discount
- Home Alarm Discount
- No Claims Discount
Pros and Cons
- Good record in customer service
- Strong claims service record
- Excellent coverage options with the homeowner’s policy
- Strong Financial Strength Ratings
- Not as many homeowner’s discounts as some other insurance companies
- No insurance quotes are available online
Company Contact Information
For more information about the Cincinnati Insurance Homeowner’s policy or its other insurance products, you can visit the Cincinnati Insurance website, use the agent locator to visit with a local agent or call 513-870-2000.