Cinch offers coverage in the contiguous United States with three plan options. Prices seem skewed on the higher end of the spectrum but homeowners can enjoy the 180-day service guarantee for the cost. Cinch additionally has a generous payout cap for appliances at $2,000 giving homeowners the confidence that an item can be replaced if it isn’t able to be repaired.
- Pros and Cons
- Key Takeaways
180-day workmanship guarantee (among the best in home warranty providers)
Covers unknown pre-existing conditions
Coverage included for rust and corrosion, which is excluded from many home warranty plans
You may have to pay more than one trade service call fee for each broken item repaired in one visit
Monthly plan pricing can vary greatly depending on what state you live in
Waiting period of 30 days before coverage begins
Must go through purchase process to see optional coverage pricing
- Cinch offers three levels of trade service fees to help homeowners control monthly contract costs.
- Monthly fees vary widely from state to state with California being as low as $27.99 and New York being as high as $84.99.
- Cinch conveniently uses Alexa to help tech-savvy consumers open and manage a claim.
- Years in Business 40
- Coverage All states except Alaska and Hawaii.
- Customer Service 24/7/365 online or by telephone.
- Waiting Period 30 days.
- Contractor Network Nationwide contractor network.
- Service Recall Period 180-day workmanship guarantee.
- Number of Plans 3 homeowners plans plus real estate plans and optional coverage available.
- Coverage Limit $10,000 per contract term.
- Contract Length 12 months
- Payment Options The company may replace or repair covered item or pay cash if repair/replacement goes above the contract allowance.
- Cost $27.99 to $84.99 monthly. Service Fee Options of $100, $125, and $150.
- Official Website https://www.cinchhomeservices.com/
Cinch Home Services has been in business since 1978 and is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida. Cinch’s offers three home warranty plans for homeowners with real estate plans also available. The company has 24/7/365 claims and customer service both online and by telephone.
With three plan options, it’s easy to find one within your home budget even though the pricing varies greatly depending on where you live.
Home protection plans feature coverage for 22 home appliances and built-in systems. Here are the three options available from Cinch Home Services.
|Complete Home||Appliances||Built-in Systems|
|Clothes Dryers||Clothes Dryers||Air Conditioning Including Ductwork|
|Clothes Washers||Clothes Washers||Attic Fans|
|Food Centers (Built-in)||Food Centers (Built-in)||Doorbells|
|Freestanding Ice Makers||Freestanding Ice Makers||Electrical System|
|Microwaves (Built-in)||Microwaves (Built-in)||Garage Door Openers|
|Range Exhaust Hoods||Range Exhaust Hoods||Heating System Including Ductwork|
|Refrigerators||Refrigerators||Instant Hot/Cold Water Dispenser|
|Trash Compactors (Built-in)||Trash Compactors (Built-in)||Plumbing System|
|Wall Ovens||Wall Ovens||Smoke Detectors|
|Air Conditioning Including Ductwork||Sump Pump|
|Ceiling Fans||Water Heater|
|Central Vacuums||Whirlpool/Jetted Tub (Built-in)|
|Garage Door Openers|
|Heating System Including Ductwork|
|Homeowners Insurance Deductible Reimbursement|
|Instant Hot/Cold Water Dispenser|
|Whirlpool/Jetted Tub (Built-in)|
Real Estate Plans
Cinch Home Services offers home warranty plans for real estate professionals that include plans for buyers and sellers. Plans come with two deductible options; $100 or $200. Plans feature coverage for unlimited HVAC units, appliance coverage with no dollar limits, emergency lodging reimbursement, and multi-year discount pricing. Pricing varies by state and plan. You can obtain more information about getting a real estate home warranty quote. Cinch also offers an online portal available to real estate professionals called the Agent Resource Center.
Ask about the preventative maintenance program to fully understand how you can keep your home in tip top shape and prevent untimely claims.
Exclusions (Obtained from online sample contract)
- Air conditioning: Outside or underground piping, well pump, and well pump components for geothermal and/or water source heat pump, interconnecting refrigerant lines (external of the equipment) window units, water towers, chillers, chiller components, water lines and legally mandated diagnostic testing when replacing heating or cooling equipment.
- Heating: Outside or underground piping, well pump, and well pump components for geothermal and/or water source heat pump, interconnecting refrigerant lines (external of the equipment), fuel storage tanks, portable units, fireplace, grain, pellet, or wood heating units (even if only source of heating) and legally mandated diagnostic testing when replacing heating or cooling equipment.
- Central Vacuum: Removable hoses and accessories; access and closing costs to floors, walls, and ceilings when locating or repairing a malfunction.
- Doorbells: When part of the intercom or monitoring system.
- Electrical: Components wiring or cable of audio/video/computer/intercom/alarm/security wiring or telephone systems circuit overload; or overload protection and faceplates.
- Garage door opener: Door or door track assemblies, cables, springs
- Refrigerators: Freestanding freezer, Multi-media centers built into appliances, and wine chillers and consumables.
- Plumbing: Stoppages caused by collapsed, damaged or broken drain, vent or sewer lines outside the home’s main foundation, lines broken, infiltrated or stopped by roots or foreign objects, even if within the home’s main foundation; costs to locate or access cleanouts not found or inaccessible, or to install cleanouts, and access through roof vents; any fees for photo/video equipment, hydro-jetting equipment, chemicals, jet or steam clearing; bathtubs, sinks, showers, shower enclosures and base pans, toilet lids and seats, jets, caulking or grouting, septic tanks, water softener, water filtration/purification systems whole home water filtration system, holding or storage tanks, saunas or steam rooms.
- Water heater: Auxiliary holding or storage tanks, fuel storage tank or energy conservation unit(s).
- Swimming pool and/or spa combination: Portable or above-ground spas, access to pool and spa equipment, lights, liners, jets, ornamental fountains, waterfalls, and their pumping systems, auxiliary pumps, pool cover, and related equipment, fill line and fill valves, built-in or detachable cleaning equipment including, without limitation, pool sweeps, pop-up heads, turbo valves, skimmers, chlorinators, and ionizers, fuel storage tanks, disposable filtration mediums, heat pump, multi-media centers, dehumidifiers, panel box and dials, saltwater generator; salt and components.
- Septic system: Broken or collapsed sewer lines outside the foundation, stoppages or roots that prevent the effective use of any externally applied sewer machine cable, cost of finding or gaining access to the septic tank or sewer hook-ups, disposal of waste, chemical treatment of the septic tank and/or sewer lines, tanks, leach lines, cesspool, and any mechanical pump or systems.
- Well pump: Above or underground piping, cable or electrical lines leading to or from the well pump, including those that are located within the well casing, well casings, pressure switches not located on the pump, holding, storage or pressure tanks, booster pumps, re-drilling of wells, well pump and all well pump components for geothermal and/or water source heat pumps.
The appliance cap is $2,000. There is a systems cap, but it depends on the age of the system. The maximum payout for any contract term is $10,000. The air conditioning/heating system cap is $1,500.
With Cinch Home Services, you should be contacted within 24 hours after filing a claim.
Cinch Home Service is a BBB accredited business and has an “A-” rating as well as a 2-out-of-5-star customer rating.
To file a claim with Cinch Home Services, you can do so by logging into your account, by asking Alexa to open a claim for you or by calling customer service at 844-324-5688. To get a quote, homeowners may call 888-927-0105. Claims and customer service share the same number, 844-324-5688 and you can also e-mail Cinch customer service, email@example.com.
Cinch Home Service is a BBB accredited business and has an “A-” rating as well as a 2-out-of-5-star customer rating. There are nearly 500 customer reviews and over 2,800 complaints on the Cinch Home Service BBB profile page. The most common complaint reported was a “problem with a product or service.”
Choosing the highest trade service fee option will lower your monthly contract fee but leave you responsible for more when you do file a claim.
Cinch’s home warranty plans vary by state and type of coverage and have $100, $125, and $150 service call fees. Monthly payment options are available. We obtained sample quotes from several states to help you compare coverage prices. Here is a breakdown by plan type and state. Note: The quotes we received are with the $150 service fee.
|Plan||Louisiana||California||West Virginia||New York||Florida||Kansas|
In the sample contract, optional coverages are listed as a swimming pool and/or spa combination, septic system, well pump and a premier upgrade package. However, pricing for these was not offered in the quote.
The Competition: Cinch Home Services vs. Sears Home Warranty
Both Cinch Home Services and Sears Home Warranty offer home warranty protection to homeowners in most states (Sears excludes Alaska and Puerto Rico; Cinch excludes Alaska and Hawaii). Both Cinch and Sears offer a 180-day guarantee for repairs which is among the best in the industry. Sears offers coverage for preventive maintenance while Cinch offers separate preventative maintenance plans, which customers can inquire about. Pricing for Sears plans is $49.99 to $69.99 per month where Cinch’s pricing varies greatly depending on the plan and state. The plans range from $27.99 to $84.99 per month. However, Cinch is accredited with the BBB and Sears is not. So we'd recommend going with Sears Home Warranty instead.
Cinch Home Services has been in business since 1978 and has comprehensive home warranty protection plans for 48 states (Alaska and Hawaii are excluded). With three plan options, it’s easy to find one within your home budget even though the pricing varies greatly depending on where you live. But all in all, Cinch Home Services is just an OK option for us. We wish there was a bit more transparency in optional coverage pricing and feel you shouldn't have to pay more than one service call fee in one visit if you need two things fixed (say, plumbing and electrical).